Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Clarkton , North Carolina
Bertha's Restoration - 1972 Twin Axle Safari

It was suggested that I start a thread on Bertha's restoration. If this isn't the right spot, someone please point me in the right direction.

So far we've removed the carpet and front gaucho to better access the subfloor.

Subfloor has significant issues in spots and the belly pan is full of wet insulation and yard trash, so this weekend we removed a large section of belly pan to start cleaning her up.

The very rear of the trailer frame has significant rot and will need repair (more on that later). We also plan to replace the entire subfloor. New axles are on order, as well as a carport to store Bertha under. We hope to remove some more belly pan this weekend, and I'll update this thread as time allows. I also have a blog with a few more pictures and color commentary - https://adventuresinaluminum.blogspot.com/ Any recommendations as we go along are welcome.Thanks!

Wildwoman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
You are brave to take that belly pan off of her. Best luck, there is a 72 Safari thread to post your work and connect. Just finished up redo of the black water tank and bathroom in mine. Moving on to replace the countertops next.

RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Clarkton , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
You are brave to take that belly pan off of her. Best luck, there is a 72 Safari thread to post your work and connect. Just finished up redo of the black water tank and bathroom in mine. Moving on to replace the countertops next.
Brave is posting on the forums and waiting for the opinions to roll in

I'll see if I can move the thread or just restart it there.

Glad to hear that your renovation is coming along.
Wildwoman69 is offline   Reply With Quote