Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Rick

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Oro Valley , Arizona
Battery Shut Off Switch

My 2017 Flying Cloud has a shut off switch located on the light switch panel immediately inside the door. This does not turn off all electric as there is still a drain on the batteries. Does anybody know how to hook up a BATTERY SHUT OFF SWITCH for my unit?
It has two 6 volt batteries. I have tried a "screw off" thing on the battery post with no luck so I have to disconnect all cables going to the negative posts on both batteries when I put it in storage.
thanks,
Rick

wampler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wampler View Post
My 2017 Flying Cloud has a shut off switch located on the light switch panel immediately inside the door. This does not turn off all electric as there is still a drain on the batteries. Does anybody know how to hook up a BATTERY SHUT OFF SWITCH for my unit?
The USE/STORE switch inside the door is not a real battery disconnect.
The best way (quick and dirty) is doing what you did, remove the terminals.
The fancy pants way is what I did, posted on my blog.
https://www.airforums.com/forums/blo...sconnect-3036/

I have two 12v. batteries in parallel, but the idea is the same. Your batteries are in series.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote