Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
wilmington , Delaware
battery-electrical

My battery charges when driving, with generator running and plugged into shore power. If I leave my coach unattended, not plugged in, for a couple days to a week, nothing works...Once I start back up, I can get it to charge...Once it sits for a few days, nothing? The internal battery is still good. For the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I live in the mid atlantic region and need to find someone who understands electric or would know how to fix the problem. Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks much.
weather command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Do you put the use/store switch in Store?
If outside, do you use a solar charge minder to keep your batteries charged? What kind of batteries do you have? Standard batteries normally are damaged and need to be replaced if they are allowed to totally discharge multiple times.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Duh. You have an Interstate. I am a trailer person. I don't normally view an original poster's profile before responding.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Interstates are renowned for draining their batteries very quickly. If you don't want to pretty much leave it plugged in all the time, you'll need to disconnect the batteries when you're not using it.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
What Overlander said or use a solar battery maintainer. They're cheap and keep the little drainers from sucking your battery to death.
prudencepb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
wilmington , Delaware
No, I have no battery tender and am not plugged in at home. Having said that, my first house battery lasted about 35k miles and this newer one has about 12k on it and charging seems worse off now. I had the battery checked and it seemed fine,
weather command is offline   Reply With Quote