Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport
Port Clinton , Ohio
Anyone know what happened to Catcon Products?

I have been trying to contact them about a new tank sensor and there is no answer to their phone other than voice mail nor do they answer emails. The last correspondence I had was in January but nothing since April.
dmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I had a similar experience when I tried to contact them several times in the past year. I am guessing that they are just bad at following up. Try again next week and you will most likely get through. I always found that when I couldn't get through one day, I could the next.
I am sure that a large Airstream dealer will have sensors in stock too.
Good luck!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Bruce,

I live in Fort Worth and know where their office is located. I went by a couple of months ago to pick up a black tank sensor after mine had corroded connections from road water.

I'll go by on Tuesday after Memorial Day and see what is up.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, their phone system probably works as well as their monitor systems. OK the Devil made me say it.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
The last time I went by there they were extremely busy. Their monitors are used extensively in Kwik Car lubes and other oil industry applications to measure levels of holding tanks. But no matter, if they are going to supply AS they should dedicate a phone line, maintain their web site and answer emails promptly.

Their new web site is incomplete now for several months and manuals can no longer be downloaded. I'm going to contact AS customer service and raise this issue as well as mentioning it to the folks at CATCON.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport
Port Clinton , Ohio
I finally heard from them and I got my new sensor 5 28 2013. I was surprised that it was just the sensor. No new protective cap and no instructions. I guess if you ordered the sensor you already know how to install it and re calibrate it.
dmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Glad you received your part!

I didn't get a chance to go by their shop but did an email exchange with them.

The "Sales" said the following; "We are updating the web site for sales. Should be running shortly. We are not set up for service calls as we are manufacturer and this is usually handled by our customers (read Airstream). Having said that we will handle any calls or emails we get but do not have someone dedicated to this at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So they are putting the customer service ball in Airstream's court for support on their products. This is understandable to the extent that CATCON folks trained AS assembly line and service personnel on how to install and maintain their products.

Bottom line, the CATCON folks have very helpful to me but when they could get to it. And I could see how a small company could overwhelmed by service inquiries from thousands of customers on components sold and installed by another party.

SENSOR Install pictures and instructions:

Please follow this link for the sensor install instructions I previously posted in this forum.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444...g-91796-3.html
Old 05-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Here are this the sensor install PDF:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CATCON Fix.pdf (28.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Pardon me if this sounds a bit cynical, but if they made a better, more durable and accurate product, perhaps they wouldn't need to have a dedicated customer service rep at their location.........

After 3 tries to get the Catcon system working properly in my '06 19CCD, I threw in the towel and just guessed! Worked for me and turned out to be more accurate than the sensor system ever was!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaken49 View Post
T busy. Their monitors are used extensively in Kwik Car lubes and other oil industry applications to measure levels of holding tanks.
just thinking that they supply this product for use in oil industry applications sends a chill down my spine cause if what is in the airstream is an example of their ready for use work oh my.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote