Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Greenville , South Carolina
Any special kind of Airstream Repair, cosmetic or mechanical....

Hi All, just picked up my "Pearl" from C & G Trailer in Bellflower, CA...got to tell you, Rod is a great guy....highly under appreciated...wow..he took in a complete amateur (me, not the trailer) and managed to get get both of us in working order! From trim to tires, and plumbing to windows...if you can get to Southern CA, he and his wife are there for you..try to give him advanced notice......several weeks if not a few months.....I guarantee you will be happy! You should see how nice my new toilet is and how well and with imagination.. it is finally done correctly!
Dureedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 AM   #2

1956 22' Flying Cloud
tylersburg , Pennsylvania
do you have any before and after pictures to post on the web. how much was your overhaul? have a 24 foot 1956 airstream, just acquired and trying to decide what to do next.
rjmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
C&G is the best out here on the west coast. I am fortunate enough that I live just down the road from them (10 miles). Rod is just super! Fair and honest and great quality work. Price is right too!

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
You don't have to tell me about C&G.

Took mine down there for warranty work. All work was A-1 and Rod is a heck of nice man. Very patient and knowledgable. His workers are skilled craftsmen too.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Greenville , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmiester
do you have any before and after pictures to post on the web. how much was your overhaul? have a 24 foot 1956 airstream, just acquired and trying to decide what to do next.
Of course not! I too am new to this...it's enough to figure out how to back up let alone post pictures! However, I did not have a complete cosmetic makeover, I was concerned about safety first, convenience second and fashion last. So, in that order, Rod was very important....from what I have gleened, you need to start outside in....inside out...in other words...start with the electrical, plumbing, brakes, shocks ect... then onto the floor is next, then refinishing cabinettes etc.....there is an order depending on how far you want to take it. Good luck! a 56! Wow.....do you have pics?
Dureedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ditto, would love to see some pics!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote