RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #1

2021 30RB Classic
Arcadia , Oklahoma
Alde heating system

Just took delivery of the 2021 Classic and when we tried to start the Alde we get plenty of radiant heat but only warm water. We have 30A shore power and we're tried the propane setting as well. Still getting warm water only. Not hot enough to shower for sure. Anyone had this issue?
bobandliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandliz View Post
Just took delivery of the 2021 Classic and when we tried to start the Alde we get plenty of radiant heat but only warm water. We have 30A shore power and we're tried the propane setting as well. Still getting warm water only. Not hot enough to shower for sure. Anyone had this issue?

Check to ensure alde flow box is checked on your control panel. You may also need to tweak the mixing valve that is on the unit itself if youíre getting warm water everywhere and not just on faucet.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandliz View Post
Hi bobandliz,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 11-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
Newport Beach , California
Yes, just took possession of our 2021 Airstream 33’ Classic, same issue and more. There is a black turn dial under the Dinette Seating Pad (closest to the front door on our unit) where the Alde system is located. Remove the black turn dial, and use a screw driver to turn the heat up about 1 full turn. Then reinstall the black dial. This immediately increased the temperature to a 154 degrees. The Alde system is good but tricky. Also ensure you you have the electricity up full 2kw and the shower icon should be completely black. If you have the Aldea Flow installed make sure there is a check near the Aldea flow. You do this by pressing menu, settings, scroll till you see installed accessories, press and scroll till you see Alde flow.
Classic Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:28 PM   #5

2021 30RB Classic
Arcadia , Oklahoma
Thanks for the email. It worked. We now have HW in lav. and kit. sink. Warm water only in the shwr. (not warm enough). I would imagine there is a temp. adjustment on the shwr. valve itself, behind the escutcheon. Hard to access. do you know of another way to adjust the temp. on the shwr.?
Again thanks for the help. You saved us a 4 hr. drive to Fort Worth.
bobandliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Norman , Oklahoma
Don't forget the Boost function

We have the same model and the same problem. In addition to what's been said above, make sure you are powering the Alde system with both electricity and gas AND turning on the shower "Boost" function about 15 minutes before using the shower. Hope this helps!
Dean7197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:09 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
I had to personally bleed the Alde heating system myself because the the dealer failed to prepare our coach properly upon receiving it. I can walk you through through the process. It will take you about 30 minutes but well worth it and will save a ton of time and money. DM me.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:13 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
With all do respect you don’t need gas and electric for your system to work if you understand how the ALDE system works. Gas and electric together is what an Airstream technician will tell you because they don’t understand the system (at least the ones in Southern California). Many times the system just needs to be bled correctly. It’s something you can do on site yourself but takes sometime. Can be a bit intimidating if it’s a brand new Airstream like mine. But can be done in about 30 minutes.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:18 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
The ALDE system is pretty straight forward. What I have noticed is the thermostat on the screen is never right. In fact, I don’t even bother with using it as a gauge. The pump setting is most likely set to thermostat, I put mine on cont or continuance so I have hot air all night. DM if you need further info, way too much information to post on thread.