Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Dahlonega , Georgia
Airstream Classic 2016 30' - SHOWER REPAIR

I need to find someone familiar with the shower in this airstream model. I need to have the entire shower guts and shower head replaced. It is required to take the back panel off to make repairs. I can't find anyone in the Dahlonega, Georgia area familiar with this type of repair. Any referrals??
ninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 03:22 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
If it’s like other Airstreams, the “guts” is a shower mixing valve that a capable plumber should be able to change our for you. Shower head assembly easily changed at the same time.
Quick tip. Replace the unnecessarily thick (3/4”) mixing valve wall opening cover with a thin piece of wood, metal, or plastic cut and finished to fit over the opening. Eliminates the ugly protrusion and gives more space in the closet. “An improvement, not change…”
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:25 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Dahlonega , Georgia
Hi Genebuilder, thank you for responding.

When I tried to turn the shower on, the hand just turned without stopping, and of course no water. Would that be the result of the mixing valve? Asking in case there is something else going on before I find a plumber.

Thank you
ninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 08:58 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
Is it possible the handle set screw is loose and the handle is just spinning freely around the mixing valve shaft?
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
I agree with Gene about the handle set screw being loose. Unless someone used a lot of force on the handle it is unlikely it would spin in the housing. There are several YouTube videos on how to replace the Moen shower cartridge, simply type in "Airstream Shower Valve Replacement". All of the internal parts of the valve can be replaced from inside the shower. I would suggest you remove the old shower valve cartridge to verify the part number before ordering the new one. There are several versions of this shower cartridge. Best of luck
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Penn Yan , New York
Shower valve

Lowe’s stocks the Moen repair kit. Pretty easy repair. Getting the handle off was the hardest part. You can purchase a puller at Lowe’s specifically for that but I didn’t need it. Good luck.
delrossa is offline   Reply With Quote