Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #1

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
a thumbs-up to Tom's RV in Albuquerque

I would just like to give a thumbs-up to Tom's RV Service in Albuquerque for their work on the Onan 2500 LP generator on the Interstate. After taking it with appointment to the official Cummins place in ABQ and waiting for a MONTH for them to do nothing, I brought it home unrepaired. I got the tip about Tom's from Airstream of ABQ, so I sent them an email. The people at Tom's called me on the phone; I brought it in on Tuesday, and they removed the generator for bench work; and this morning they called to say that it's done, ready to reinstall on Friday morning. I couldn't be more pleased!

https://www.tomsrvnm.com/

IF you want to know, the LP regulator on the generator was the problem.

Lynn
Old 04-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
That's great to hear. I've heard others mention that Tom's RV is good for service work. Andrew at Airstream of NM recommends them highly also. We've not had a reason to use them yet, but considering how busy Airstream of NM stays, it's always good to have a back-up.
abqdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
I would just like to give a thumbs-up to Tom's RV Service in Albuquerque for their work on the Onan 2500 LP generator on the Interstate. After taking it with appointment to the official Cummins place in ABQ and waiting for a MONTH for them to do nothing, I brought it home unrepaired. I got the tip about Tom's from Airstream of ABQ, so I sent them an email. The people at Tom's called me on the phone; I brought it in on Tuesday, and they removed the generator for bench work; and this morning they called to say that it's done, ready to reinstall on Friday morning. I couldn't be more pleased!

https://www.tomsrvnm.com/

IF you want to know, the LP regulator on the generator was the problem.

Lynn
Always good to hear of someone who provides good service. Thanks for sharing.

I know it's never cheap to drop the generator, but it soothes the sting if they do the job right. Here's to hoping you never have to use them again.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Shreveport , Louisiana
There should be more of this type postings, if they do good reward them by telling everyone, they do bad or nothing also let everyone know. I keep seeing nightmares on time schedules but I also have been able to ferret out someone (usually independent and most of the time mobile repair) that do a fantastic job and that keeps us rolling down the road.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Tomís RV installed a weight distribution hitch on my 2020 FC23 CB back in March. They did excellent work!
Nightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #6

2017 22' Sport
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Tom's RV Service - Albuquerque

I'm also a big fan of Tom's RV Service. Great work, fair price, in and out quickly!
ABQChuck is offline   Reply With Quote