Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Germantown , TN
2021 FC 30 Bunk - Loose Wall

Hello all - we just returned from a 5,000 mile trip to break in our 2021 FC 30FB Bunk. The trailer performed flawlessly, but I noticed when we got home that the divider wall between the front bedroom and living area (circled in red on the photo below) was a little loose. It isn't flopping around or anything, but you can wiggle it whereas it was snug before. The other wall on the driver side of the trailer is still snug.

I was wondering if this was an easy fix to tighten it back up? I am pretty handy and would prefer to do myself versus taking it in for service if possible. Any ideas?

Old 07-20-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Airstream service had to remove that wall on my 30Bunk to replace the grab handle. They didn't get the pieces back together properly, and I had some exposed wires in the magazine rack area. I recall it took me less than half an hour to loosen up the wall and route the wires properly before tightening everything back up again. It stayed tight, as far as I know, after that.

To answer your question: This should be an easy fix.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Germantown , TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
Airstream service had to remove that wall on my 30Bunk to replace the grab handle. They didn't get the pieces back together properly, and I had some exposed wires in the magazine rack area. I recall it took me less than half an hour to loosen up the wall and route the wires properly before tightening everything back up again. It stayed tight, as far as I know, after that.

To answer your question: This should be an easy fix.

That is great news, thanks! Do you happen to remember where the hardware (screws/bolts) was located that tightened the wall? I don't see anything easily accesible so thinking I may need to remove some trip pieces?
Old 12-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
New Hudson , Michigan
Any luck with this? Mine came loose traveling down to Florida.
ekbruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 03:12 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Germantown , TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbruster View Post
Any luck with this? Mine came loose traveling down to Florida.
Yep, ended up being an easy fix. Along the side of the wall where the curtain snaps for stowing there is a piece of trim wood that runs floor to ceiling, maybe 2-3 inches wide. It is held on by about 4 phillips head screws under the round plastic screw cover caps that Airstream uses to cover exposed screw heads. Take that board off and the wall is screwed into the aluminum skin by a few phillips head screws. I had to use my ratchet and a phillips head bit with an extension to kind of build an extra long screwderiver to tighten them. Could also buy very long screwdriver off Amazon if needed, but just tighten those screws to better secure the wall.
MemphisRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 05:58 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
New Hudson , Michigan
Thanks took me a double take to realize you were referring to the opposite side, I had to dig into the wall with the TV mount on it, but after getting the curtain off and it apart saw the loose screws and one missing L bracket inside, got that all back together and replaced the missing screw and its as good as new.
ekbruster is offline   Reply With Quote