Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2020, 04:08 AM   #1
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
2021 Atlas Body Separation

Well were on 5,000 miles with our 2021 Atlas and I'm not freaking out but I honestly expected it! We returned from a 3,500 mile trip and while washing and waxing I noticed the seam between the body and the cab is separating. It's probably just (what we called bondo) the filler for the joint which I honestly expected but not until it was 10 years old. Now I'm concerned as this could be the future of my worries. I must add since this is on the slide side I'm beginning to worry its a structural issue since the slid may be effecting the wall when it seats.
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Hello, I saw all your posts on this thread. Congrats on your new purchase! Looks like the best thing you can do is start an itemized list of issues that are coming up and schedule an appointment with your dealer or Jackson Center if you have the time for the trip. Your rig is under a bumper to bumper warranty and everything will be corrected.

I personally think going to Jackson Center is the best experience. They have all the parts on hand and identify things that you may not know are wrong either. We have gone there twice over the years and they are extremely friendly and eager to help as well.

We have experienced hit or miss jobs with dealers depending on the work load. Hope this helps! Congrats again. Very exciting rig you have!

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmiri View Post
Well were on 5,000 miles with our 2021 Atlas and I'm not freaking out but I honestly expected it! We returned from a 3,500 mile trip and while washing and waxing I noticed the seam between the body and the cab is separating. It's probably just (what we called bondo) the filler for the joint which I honestly expected but not until it was 10 years old. Now I'm concerned as this could be the future of my worries. I must add since this is on the slide side I'm beginning to worry its a structural issue since the slid may be effecting the wall when it seats.
Hi danmiri,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 11-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #4
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
Your private email is full and will not accept this so here it is in a public post. My Email is danielmirisola@gmail.com phone number is 818-606-1566 last of VIN is 050949. The driver side cab is separating from the fiberglass joint. I'm concerned that it's due to the slide moving the wall.
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote