Old 03-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Geogetown , Texas
2017 25 foot FC Heat Pump Question

We have been getting water running down the side of our Airstream when we run the heat pump.

I assumed that the drain line was clogged, so today I climbed up on the roof and took the top off of the Dometic. As far as I can tell the lines are not clogged. However, there are no drains under the area that all of the condensation is coming from.

I donít see how the condensation could get to the drain. Sorry Iím probably not explaining this very well, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dweyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
My drain lines are under the AC unit accessible from the inside of the airstream. Remove the return air vents and the tube is right there. Maybe same for you? Iíve never opened the top, so Iím not sure what you can or cannot see from the roof.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
What you are experiencing is normal and by design.

In Cool mode the inside coils are the evaporator and condensation is collected in a plastic pan, flows into clear plastic tubes as BigSxyWhtGuy described and drains onto the ground from the tube exit in the road side wheel well.

In Heat mode, the outside coil is the evaporator and condensation simply drops onto the roof runs down the gutter tracks and down the side of the trailer. Where it drops onto the ground depends on how you have leveled the trailer. I like to have the road side front ever so slightly low so it runs down that corner away from our door which is in the back.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Geogetown , Texas
Thanks for that. Spent forever yesterday trying to figure out how the heck it could even get to the drain lines....

Good to know that it is working as designed, even if it is a strange design .

-Dan
Dweyant is offline   Reply With Quote