Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #1

2020 23' International
Grayling , Michigan
Cool 2016 International Series 23D — HDMI Cable and Blu Ray/Blue Tooth Clarion Radio

Hi,

Just bought a slightly used International Series 23D rig and found the hdmi cable leading to back of small samsung tv in the salon area ruined. It looks like the plug was pulled away from the cable right at the head as it enters the tv.... probably from too little slack when moving the tv on its mounting arm to point at the bedroom area. (Which currently has no tv)

I am guessing it leads to the blu ray player???? Any confirmations?
If so, I will ignore it as I have never entertained the idea of buying a blu ray disc ever.

Speaking of Blu-Ray player has anyone ever removed this defunct machine??

Also, the Clarion radio that comes with has Bluetooth but will not link to new Fire TV.... anyone have a favorite adapter that will accomplish this so we can listen to TV with the 5 speaker system that came standard.

Thanks,

Paul
PaulKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKatie View Post
Hi,

Just bought a slightly used International Series 23D rig and found the hdmi cable leading to back of small samsung tv in the salon area ruined. It looks like the plug was pulled away from the cable right at the head as it enters the tv.... probably from too little slack when moving the tv on its mounting arm to point at the bedroom area. (Which currently has no tv)

I am guessing it leads to the blu ray player???? Any confirmations?
If so, I will ignore it as I have never entertained the idea of buying a blu ray disc ever.

Speaking of Blu-Ray player has anyone ever removed this defunct machine??

Also, the Clarion radio that comes with has Bluetooth but will not link to new Fire TV.... anyone have a favorite adapter that will accomplish this so we can listen to TV with the 5 speaker system that came standard.

Thanks,

Paul
Welcome to the forum.
The stereo will play the sound from the TV either through the RCA cables at the TV, or the HDMI cable, if there are no RCA cables.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #3

2020 23' International
Grayling , Michigan
Good to know....

RCA Cables are there and I plugged them in to the new tv......as mentioned the HDMI cable is fried. So, the HDMI cable is from Blue Ray to the TV?

I think I need to take out the white shelf in the overhead cabinet and not only lose the blu ray but see what is back there.

Paul
PaulKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Springfield , Ohio
The HDMI cable on the TV is normally attached to the Blu-ray Player and that is probably true in your case. If you remove the screws in the overhead and expose the cables you'll know for sure.
tbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote