RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Barbara , California
Dent revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertopCA View Post
Yes, we too have that ding after our first 2 week trip in our 2016 Classic. And the outside step needs to be replaced and the sofa drawer needs adjusting. But other than that we LOVE our Palace, called that after having a '67 17' Caravel and an '09 27 FB International. The comfort and design has extended our Airstreaming ways now that we are going into our 80's. No matter what the price point is of anything you buy these days, you will have "issues". I give thanks to those above who have offered solutions to avoid damage. Perhaps a new Classic buyer will heed them before they occur.
Thank you for pointing out other issues (outside step and sofa drawer) that we've also encountered.

ANYWAY, folks, I have to issue a sincere apology to all. For after researching the dented refrigerator door issue, I've come to the conclusion that the ONLY way it occurred was for the door to swing violently wide open and then close with a resounding click during a bumpy stretch of highway (hiding evidence of how it occurred.) I also realized that I tend to load up the door shelves with a lot of heavy bottles--my bad! BTW, I've entered the trailer on another occasion and found the main TV completely swung out over the table-- and I know I had it latched securely.

So, the point of all this lamentation is to say that things happen and there are bumps on the road of trailer life. I'm sucking it in and taking responsibility and declaring our love for our new Classic.

Buy one, you'll never regret it.

YFS, David
dmslawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Indianapolis , Indiana
Us too!

Yep, our first dent was in the refrigerator door. Nice to know w we are not alone!
Indianapolis, IN
SusanFleck is offline   Reply With Quote