This Thread is a GREAT Season Check Up Prevention and Repair!
The wiring going into the brake drums on each wheel are exposed to a branch of a small bush, catching and pulling, or breaking the wire connections just above your brake drums.
I found one brake wire connection on our 2016 that appeared to have been crimped, during the assembly of the axles to the Airstream body, that just slid out due to a bad crimp with the plastic shrink connection intact.
There would have been no braking on that wheel since new.
It was then I noticed that the wiring is exposed as a wide loop, that could easily catch a small bush branch, causing other wires to be detached and not noticed. I soldered these first noticed wires together, wrapped each solder connection and took black electrical tape, taping the two wires from where they enter the brake drum and past the crimp, where Dexter wiring ends and the Airstream wiring connects. Then proceeded to tape the other three brake wiring connections to avoid any possible detaching while traveling Off the Grid.
This wrapping made it possible to raise the wiring and reduced the possibility of catching the wiring on some stray bush branch.
When you get under your trailer's axles, look at the wiring. If you see the plastic loop to secure the wiring to the drum... you already made contact with something. This takes no time at all to secure all four sets of brake wires.
Changes nothing towards performance, but does reduce one other negative possibility, while maintaining the integrity of our trailers ourselves.