Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Bowie , Texas
I lost a hubcap...

...in Eastern Iowa.

Crap happens.

We went on a ten day trip from North Texas to Southern Wisconsin and back. Had a great time and been back a week and a half. Only minor problems. I lost a hubcap. Anybody found it or know how I can get one pretty good used hubcap for a 68 Overlander? Any leads are appreciated!

JMG
John Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Wink Hubcaps

I have 3 from a 68 "something" 28' AS trailer. (When you get to be my age you can't remember what you had for breakfast and it isn't noon yet). we have an AS MH now. As I remember, it had a conic shape with a flat dimple in the center about 2.5" dia. painted blue. Post a picture and I will look for mine. Pay for the postage and they are yours.

Ernie and Jan Preedy
29580 sw Fqrmington
Hillsboro OR 97123
JanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Me too

Mine was just a 15" racing hub but they sure looked sharp. We were necked down in the opposite lane on the interstate for construction at the time - otherwise I would have stopped to get it. Saw it fly off. I was following with the boat.

Nice of JanP to offer for postage...Don't you just love it here? I can't think of a nicer bunch of folks.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Bowie , Texas
Thank you, JanP!

I will gladly pay postage. Even if they are not a perfect match. I'll put a pair on each side of my trailer! I posted a picture in my gallery. Take a look.

JMG
John Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Rivet lost hubcaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greenlee
Thank you, JanP!

I will gladly pay postage. Even if they are not a perfect match. I'll put a pair on each side of my trailer! I posted a picture in my gallery. Take a look.

JMG
John, On a hunch, I looked in a J.C.Whitney catalog under wheel covers and found "BABY MOON-STYLE FULL WHEEL COVERS" that look almost a perfect match for your covers, except these are stainless steel and will never rust.

P/N SD477648U 14" set of 4 $85.99
P/N SD477649B 25" set of 4 $89.99

might be worth a look see.

Ernie and Jan
Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Wink Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen
Mine was just a 15" racing hub but they sure looked sharp. We were necked down in the opposite lane on the interstate for construction at the time - otherwise I would have stopped to get it. Saw it fly off. I was following with the boat.

Nice of JanP to offer for postage...Don't you just love it here? I can't think of a nicer bunch of folks.
Gwen, J.C. Whitney catalog has (RACING DISC WHEEL COVERS)
p/n SD183440N 15" set of 4 $69.99
My search for my set of 3 for John has been a failure so far but will look after a weekend trip.
Might be worth a look see.

Ernie and Jan