Well my parts from Dexter arrived earlier this week and this evening I rebuilt the calipers.
Tools used: rubber mallet, rawhide mallet, fiber drift, air compressor, bar clamps, aluminum plate, and silicone lube.
The caliper rebuild kit came with 4 seals, four dust boots, a brass connector for the brake hose, and a new bleed valve.
Here is the new rotor
The new brake pads and hardware
I began by cleaning the calipers, bores and pistons
I then used the silicone lube to lightly lube the seals and wokred them into the recesses that hold them.
I then used the rubber and rawhide mallets to seat the pistons in the bores.
Next I used the aluminum plate, bar clamps, and air compressor to exercise the pistons to make sure they were moving freely.
Then I lubed the dust boots and used the fiber drift and rawhide hammer to seat the dust boots in the caliper.
Here is one of the finished calipers ready for installation.
I ran out of daylight so this is all the further I got. We are headed to Penn Wood tomorrow for a Margaritaville Rally so the rest of this chore will have to wait until next week. I will post details of the install and brake bleeding. Hopefully this will be the last of my brake woes on the '06