Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2022, 10:13 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Disc Brake Actuators - update

This is to update my opinion of the Tuson Brake controller and 1600 brake actuator for disc brakes. I had been a huge proponent of Tuson RV Brakes LLC. I posted many great things about Tuson here on the Forum. So, I thought I should also vent about there first good, then horrible customer service concerns. The first thing that went wrong was the hand held color display. However the company was quick to send a replacement for a known defect. Great right? The new display only lasted about a year. Cant see anything in the display again. I called them again, they said they were sorry but they wont replace it under warranty. OK. I will live with it for a while I though. However after getting hooked up for a spring run this year the brakes failed completely. I was checking the system and found the Tuson 1600 Brake actuator had failed. I called Tuson and spoke extensively with the customer service guru. He said this was a known problem with the seal between the brake fluid reservoir and the electronic circuit board located inside the housing in the rear. They do not make these any more and and do not honor any warranty issue with them. If I sent mine to them they may be able to repair it with spare parts on hand, Maybe... The recent failure of my brake actuator left me stranded and damn mad at the lack of positive response from Tuson.

I apologize if anyone has purchased one of these do to my proactive responses to queries about the Tuson products here on the Forum.

I have since gone to Dexter K71-651-00 Electric/hydraulic brake actuator for axles equipped with disc brakes and the Prodigy P3 brake controller.

Safe travels everyone.

-Dennis
batman is offline   Reply With Quote