Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Brakes & Brake Controllers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Lake Mills , WI
I've just taken delivery of our Flying Cloud 23fb. The dealer gave me a Curt Echo even though my purchase order stated a Prodigy RF. I let that go but soon realized the Echo is not compatable with my 2021 Mercedes GLE 450. The problem is that the Mercedes does not send back 12 volts until it detects a trailer. The Echo must first be powered up by the TV before it is conected to the Trailer. (this all confirmed with Curt). I contacted my Mercedes Salesman who I have a very solid relationship with and Mercedes offers no suggestion as to a aftermarket brake controler and they will not install one. He did forward everything he had on the Trailer recognition control unit in the back of the car.
I'll try to attach the file.
I'm going with the Prodogy RF as they have confirmed that it will work with the GLE. Also not a fan of mounting anything in ,under, or around the dash. The AS dealer recomended a 6000 lb Equalizer which they did a poor job installing. I made corrections as per the Equalizer people. I would have followed Can Am's suggestions had I been able to get up to Canada. I am very happy with the Equalizer as the GLE and AS handle Great! Feels very comfortable at 70MPH but my gas gage scares the heck out of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.png
Views:	54
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	393862  
tlars is offline   Reply With Quote