Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2023, 02:33 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Jacksonville , Florida
Glad I’m not the only one

I bought mine 4 years ago right before a trip. It’s been so long, but I remember you had to hold the sensor next to the programmer(?) and it was supposed to recognize it and beep? I never could get it to recognize it. I called the company and they said the batteries were probably no good, and I should try new batteries. I was too busy getting ready for my trip so I never got them programmed and they’ve been sitting in the box since.

Since I’ve only taken 2 long trips it hasn’t been crucial, but I’d sure like to get them working. They were expensive! Good to know the tech support has been helpful, I’ll have to give them a try.
asv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:58 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH , Florida
TST 770/889-9102 has very prompt, informative, helpful, and understanding techs. They help with step-by-step set-up as well as troubleshooting. I have called them with installation problems on my AS, with internal sensors on my sons Tiffin MH, and with an odd reading while on the road.
PC Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 07:23 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
I gave up and returned it. Looks like a good product that might need a software refresh. Having worked in that field I realize it would be a major undertaking - especially if you don't have a least one person from the original team and/or fabulous documentation.
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by englewoodfl View Post
I gave up and returned it. Looks like a good product that might need a software refresh. Having worked in that field I realize it would be a major undertaking - especially if you don't have a least one person from the original team and/or fabulous documentation.
Patience grasshopper... pays to listen to the advice here...call the tech support at TST and ask for help; they do not want to loose a customer. They will walk you through the set up...the TPMS is pretty darned valuable giving you both PSI and temps while on the road, not to mention audible warning when pressure is low or letting you know you have a leak after hitting something...if you have ever seen the damage a flat can cause on a dual axel AS or any TT to the undercarriage wheel well area, including the side panels, you may rethink your decision. Good read below.

http://howto.airstreamlife.com/2021/...-de-mystified/
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 03:17 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Patience grasshopper... pays to listen to the advice here...call the tech support at TST and ask for help; they do not want to loose a customer. They will walk you through the set up...the TPMS is pretty darned valuable giving you both PSI and temps while on the road, not to mention audible warning when pressure is low or letting you know you have a leak after hitting something...if you have ever seen the damage a flat can cause on a dual axel AS or any TT to the undercarriage wheel well area, including the side panels, you may rethink your decision. Good read below.

http://howto.airstreamlife.com/2021/...-de-mystified/
In addition to the benefits of warnings about low air pressure on the tires, the temp gauge on the TPMS can warn about problems with the brakes dragging, bearings failing, or some other cause of rising temps.
I feel fairly comfortable with computers and tech stuff. With that in mind, I have found TST to be a tremendously customer supportive company. Never called them without a patient (sometimes I have been a bit anxious when calling them) and informative technician who resolved my issue.
PC Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:42 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
New solution

The tiny TyMate that replaced it is adequate. Basically no programming needed - but the documentation provided needs a major update. Hasn't needed any charging in over a week even with a full windshield sunshade in place.
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote