RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tucson , AZ
TPMS flow thru or not

Not sure if I should use flow thru caps or not on a dual rear wheel Sprinter MH chassis. The flow thru ones are 2" long so for the outside dual I won't even be able to use it to add air as that one points in. The insides have extensions so they would work on the insides and fronts. I read where some people say it's difficult to thread even the regulatr TPMS cap on without loosing air in the process, and that it is a real PITA to remove, add air and re-install. They said to over-inflate, screw cap on then bleed off extra air till TPMS reads OK which I do not like for 2 reasons, 1. The TPMS is not as accurate as a good gauge and 2. you would have to keep letting the excess air out then wait for the sensor to report until you got it right. I guess the best option would be to have internal sensors installed?
Old 12-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tucson , AZ
I guess most here with duallies have factory TPMS