What is the best TPMS for an AS & why?

Thanks,

Glenn
PSU1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
Following this. In the market for a solution too. The Pressure Pro Pulse FX is at the top of my list right now, but not convinced yet.
Prettygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Deleted - duplicate.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
I like the TST truck 507 system. They have great customer service. For example, I wanted a five sensor package so that I could monitor the spare tire too and they put it together for me. I installed mine without the anti theft part so they are easily removed to add air if required. The receiver is easily programmed and I find that I donít need the repeater.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
we use this it works summer and winter

https://eezrvproducts.com/

it has high/low pressure and temp alarms per wheel

it can have over 22 different wheels monitored
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
I like the TST truck 507 system. They have great customer service. For example, I wanted a five sensor package so that I could monitor the spare tire too and they put it together for me. I installed mine without the anti theft part so they are easily removed to add air if required. The receiver is easily programmed and I find that I donít need the repeater.
Did you have to call them, or can it be done online?
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
Did you have to call them, or can it be done online?
I gave them a call.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
@Adventure.AS how did you remove the safety part (or did u buy that way)? I find it annoying and also unlikely someone will notice or steal the caps
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepine View Post
@Adventure.AS how did you remove the safety part (or did u buy that way)? I find it annoying and also unlikely someone will notice or steal the caps
IIRC the anti-theft cap can be removed by undoing the three screws with a small Phillips screwdriver.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
This is the same unit, TST 507, that I purchased and it does a great job. The monitor works very well as mentioned and one charge will last for several days if you turn it off when not using it.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygood View Post
Following this. In the market for a solution too. The Pressure Pro Pulse FX is at the top of my list right now, but not convinced yet.

I really donít want another device to have to plug into the TV, dash space is already at a premium. Anyone using an app based TPMS on their phone? The Pulse FX is one option, and the Zus is another for lower psi tires.
Prettygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygood View Post
I really don’t want another device to have to plug into the TV, dash space is already at a premium. Anyone using an app based TPMS on their phone? The Pulse FX is one option, and the Zus is another for lower psi tires.
As previously mentioned the TST receiver has a battery and can last several days without being plugged in. You don’t need to have the receiver in direct view as you will receive audio alerts (although I like to visually monitor the tire pressure and temperature.)

The Pulse FX you mentioned needs continuous 12volt power to run as well as requiring your cell phone to be on and running the app to receive alerts.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Port Townsend , Washington
TireMinder Smart

I too went through lots of sites, reviews, considerations last summer and ended up getting the TireMinder Smart TPMS. On two trips it has been "good", a major false alarm (luckily we were returning from a 700 mile trip and only 5 miles from home - and then there was NO loss of air.)
I liked it because it uses my iPhone (one less monitor cluttering up the dash), it shows a relatively constant reading on the tires (I do not need it for my F-150 and with a 19' Bambi only have two tires to monitor), it is adjustable (to a degree, wish it could be more so) and I can change the alert points, it monitors each tire for low PSI and high Temps.
I still have reservations due to the false alarm (showed a drop from 70psi to 25psi but there was NONE!), I have yet to figure out how to tweak the Temperature alerts (as the temps go up with road travel it will go off "prematurely" - tis a minor problem and I have to admit I don't recall the real details from early October.) and the sensors all read a little different (one was 10psi off from my gauge and the other sensor that I then put in place.) I am not so worried about the exact pressure because I can, with only a little trouble, check the tires each day - I want to know of dramatic decreases and then this seems to be "good" (again recall the one false positive.)
All in all I like it but also have some reservations on a product that I paid $300 for. Overall I would rate it at 4 (5 being ideal).
LBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Homosassa , Florida
I've had the TST system for about five years and it has been great. The monitor stays charged for a very long time. I do use a booster on our 30' and just moved everything to a new trailer. Don't need the booster on our 20' car trailer.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote