Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Leavenworth , Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to RVNUTTY
Need advice on taking off tires

I have to take All my tires off and take them somewhere to have new ones put on because I can't pull the trailer with the rotten tires on it. Any advice on taking off the tires...do's and don'ts and how-to's???
RVNUTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:13 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Find a couple of wood blocks stack them so they are high enough for the rear tires to clear the ground, and place them in front of the front wheels on your trailer. pull the trailer up on the blocks with your tow vehicle, and remove the rear wheels. It would be a very good idea to loossen the lugs on the wheels before doing this.
Get those tires mounted and balanced, and put them on your trailer. Then, do the same for the front wheels. Piece of cake.
I make it sound easier than it is, but not much.
Good luck.
Terry
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Block Chock Block Always Block

Be sure to block the wheels that are up on the platform if you are planning to unhitch to take the removed tires to town.

In fact block them before removing the other tires anyway, whether you are going to unhitch or not. It is an essential habit to get into. I know from bad experience.

jaco
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Yes, I neglected that in my previous post. Good catch!
Terry