Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Michelin Tires: Testing them every day

Remote Off the Grid Boondockers depend on Tires that can handle extreme conditions. Micheline 16 inch Load Range E's take us into and out of these areas since 2014 on a 25 foot International and now a 2019 27 foot International.

Fully loaded for weeks with supplies, factory Solar and a Costco 100watt portable panel operate 100%, as well.

Call us... Happy Campers and it is not my chance. Everything is a choice made from trial and error since 2006. Try it, you may like it.

Drivers who put their Goodyear or Michelin tires INTO unnecessary Situations is not the same.

The first photo was a tight turn around when a natural Spring was in the middle of the road in Nevada. Sometimes you have to judge the risk of getting stuck and make the best of what room is available.

From our last Adventure, I include some photographs and intact Michelin tires on the Airstream and my Ford F350.

We are planning to be Off the Grid in New Mexico shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0223.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	368608   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0218.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	368609  

Name:	DSCN0228.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	368610  
Old 05-27-2020, 07:27 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
. . .
. . . factory Solar and a Costco 100watt portable panel operate 100% . . .
. . .
Likin' the solar panel "mounting system" . . .

Another good use of a spackle bucket!

Thank you for sharing your expertise with us . . . inspiring.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Bucket and Milk Crate Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Likin' the solar panel "mounting system" . . .

Another good use of a spackle bucket!

Thank you for sharing your expertise with us . . . inspiring.

Peter
The bucket is sitting in an old plastic milk crate. We keep the Blue Heelers water jug in the bucket and the added weight keeps everything secure.

We have two 80watt panels mounted on top of the Airstream and the 100watt Costco panel is probably more charging than what we need. Someone could easily attach TWO Costco 100watt panels to their AGM or standard batteries as the only Solar, themselves, and have a Solar System for under $250 delivered to your door with wired Controllers with a green/yellow charging lights.

You move the panels with the Sun. I will set the panel, leaning against our milk crate, for Sunrise while we are inside the trailer. Moving it when needed. Keeps the batteries, ours our AGM's, fully charged every day.

Great Solar. Great Tires. Great Trailer. Great Company. Owwww Weeee we are living the Airstream Dream while awake and sleep well at night!
Old 05-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Thanks . . .

Yee Ha!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Single Axle Airstreams: Reconsider 16 inch Michelins

Several 2020 30 foot Airstreams at Las Vegas Airstream with Michelin 16 inch tires on the trailer and also on the sticker with serial number of trailer.

I was lazy, did not have a pen and paper... did not care as I already use Michelins. I did not have my reading glasses, it was hot, we love our 2019, how it is set up and Airstream does install Michelin's on the high end, longer trailers.

There were no Michelin tire experts to discuss tires in town, in the State or anywhere I camp. Costco has them on sale several days ago with a discount for four... although you will need five and five Sendel wheels.

I highly recommend that anyone with a SINGLE AXLE Airstream with six lugs to fit 16 inch wheels, seriously check out the difference in tires. Overkill? Damn right. When you get a flat, blowout or lose a wheel... there is not a second axle carrying the load to a tire shop.

We leave shortly for another Off the Grid Boondocking camping trip. Our LTX Michelins will be getting more road testing. Not sitting in a RV Lot.

Why were we at the Airstream Dealership? Looking at the fantastic Furrion Propane cooktop and oven 07-0252. Makes our Dometic look... well, not as nice. Now Nancy made a deal with me. If the Dometic comes apart on this trip after three metal screws to secure the top from coming loose... again... I am closing my eyes and writing the check. Youch...
Old 05-30-2020, 08:50 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Is that the Furrion with the glass top that Nancy picked out? Does your portable panel have its own control panel to the batteries or does it connect to the factory controller.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Furrion Cook Top versus Dometic Cook Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
Is that the Furrion with the glass top that Nancy picked out? Does your portable panel have its own control panel to the batteries or does it connect to the factory controller.
The Furrion has the folding glass top. It also secures well when flat. The unit is slightly smaller and to install requires a metal insert edge if replacing a Dometic.

The battery or controller part I do not understand. Both ovens are propane. Not electric. That was a big plus.

The cost is a barrier. Furrion: $641, Labor and trim: $447. Although selling the Dometic has some return of value, you would want to keep the trailer for a long time to recoup. I am counting on my three Lath Screws to keep the Dometic Top from coming loose while traveling. Will know in a couple weeks how that easy securing works out with the three metal screws.

20 7/8" top to bottom
21 3/8" wide
19 3/8" deep

Nancy measured it... she... LIKES it. I like the Dometic as it works and the grate on top is heavy, but also tends to come loose. Somehow Dometic must think that Airstreams are not moving from one place to another. Even the older units come apart when traveling. I will look up what a replacement would cost someone wanting to upgrade their Dometic if I have one to resell from the 2019.

A carton of Lath Screws cost me about 100 for $10. I consider it an upgrade if I can secure the Dometic while moving. Having to reassemble the top and find rubber gaskets for the grate... is not worth $1100 to me.

Someone with a Furrion in their late model Airstream may want to make comment.

(Some may say the Dometic cannot handle the stiffer Michelin tires. The Dometic could not handle the Goodyear tires... so mind your own business and complain to someone who wants to listen... kind of whack a mole conversations. The Furrion was in the more expensive Airstreams... even some with Michelin tires, factory installed equipment. )
Old 06-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Next Michelins: LT235/75R16 Agilis Cross Climate

After 8,000 miles, more as these miles were from the last two trips, with the LT225/75R16 Michelins... I could have easily gone to LT235's. The LT225's have been a no issue and the extra bit of extra rubber on the road may, in the long run, be just as good and offer just a bit more traction.

I have not priced the small extra width as a comparison. If I was concerned about costs... I would have bought some fiber glass trailer with some brand of tires that I have never heard the brand.

There is a lot of space between the LT225's and the outside fender skirting. The 16 inch wheels and tires leave a lot of room... as I have a three inch lift, also. Without the lift, to change a tire you may have to get the trailer a couple inches higher to make handling the wheel and slip out to replace with the spare. I discovered that on the 25 Foot Safari. It was a NON issue, but never had the need to change the tire. This I discovered when replacing the 15 inch Goodyears with the 16 inch Michelins.

If I stand behind the trailer, the LT225's look narrow in the fender well. When inquiring about the LT225 and LT235 choices... I received NO RESPONSE. I became 'spooked' without having any experience from others of the minor width change.

Now... IF and it could never occur I purchase replacement Michelin tires for our current 27 foot International... LT235. Off the Grid Boondocking roads have not negatively affected handling or the tires. We carry a full Fresh Water tank, empty Black and Grey, full pantry, hardware... when traveling.

I will try to get the new 30 foot Airstream Michelin LT tire widths next time we are at the local Airstream dealership.

When you 'upsize' to 16 inch tires and wheels, the 15 inch Goodyears are in demand for boat and utility trailer owners. The five wheels and tires sell quickly on Craigslist at 75% to 80% of Costco kind of pricing. I would price the best price you can find and ask 80% with room to negotiate. These guys pay in cash... no checks... no problems.

The hustlers say they "only want the tires" as they have the steel rims. Probably rusted up and look trashy parked in their driveway. Don't fall for that line, but expect it and make them pay up.

I have not heard from anyone personally who has had ANY issues with Michelin 16 inch tires. Myself... we go to places most Airstream owners would never find appealing, which is Off the Grid and I am putting a lot of confidence in these tires to get us IN and OUT of our remote campsites.

Michelin tires are easy to find if ever... needed. I have a wonderful Trailer. If the trailer could dance... I would find the best shoes that fit and be happy for years.

As I always say. I am not a Michelin Dealer, Salesman or Tire Expert. I do not own a 'tire stock'. My opinions are from USE. Soft rubber. Hard rubber. Lots of mumbo jumbo out there.

My 2016 F350 diesel 4x4 came from Ford with Michelins. The high end longer Airstreams come stock and listed on the side tire guide as stock tires.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Finished a 25 day Off the Grid Boondocking and Highway Adventure from Nevada to the Canadian border along the Rockies... again.

A total of 4,284 miles on this last trip. Just returned yesterday.

No blow outs. No tire failures. Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. From 2,000 feet elevation to 10,500 feet. Some of the wildest scenery camped along the Yellowstone River in Montana to the mountains south of Ouray, Colorado at 10,500 feet to Cedar Breaks in Utah at 10,250 feet without incident.

Nancy demonstrating brush loppers to cut way to river... in Montana.

Paved roads. Forest Service. BLM. Two ruts in Wyoming prairies. Everywhere...

This is REAL USE. Not someone driving down the Interstate with ST Tires and claim they are better. Take them out where the paved road ends and lets see some photographs. I know they are out there... give the other tires some promotion. They must be good... enough. Michelins... I have them tested and used in conditions others would not.

Tires just follow an experienced driver. An excellent tire can be more forgiving when learning to avoid obstacles on the road. Often one must step out of their tow vehicle, move angular stone and boulders that have rolled down from the mountain... shovels and smart traveling is learned.

I have had NO tire problems since dumping Marathon 14 inch C Rated problematic tires on the 2006 Safari. I do hope that the ST 15 inch are more reliable, but in our travels... we have many miles from any town or tire dealer and have to have 100% reliable tires. To date...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0348.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	375605   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0347.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	375606  

Name:	DSCN0364.jpg
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	375607   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0356.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	375608  

Name:	DSCN0360.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	375614   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0344.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	375615  

Name:	DSCN0424.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	375616  
Old 10-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #70
1 Rivet Member

2002 28' Classic
Everywhere and Nowhere in particular , All of the States
Rim Size and Room in Spare Tire Cage on a 2002 Classic?

Thank you all! This thread helped so much. While backing my trailer into a driveway for the night I heard the telltale "hisss" and noticed a slash in my sidewall and a leak. So thankful it was still holding decent air! I have a set of Michelin LTX M/S2s that are coming up on 5 years old. I am a solo fulltimer and know it is best to replace the entire set.

Here are two questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that a 16" rim/tire will fit in the spare tire cage on a 2002 Classic 28?

2) If I wanted to buy one plain ol' 16" rim to mount a spare on, what would be the size/specification that I need?

Reason being: the previous owner thankfully upgraded to 16" rims and the Michelins, but the spare is the original 15" rim/tire from 2001!

I'd like to buy a plain no fills 16" rim to get the spare back in usable shape. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

PS: Brilliant customer service from Discount Tire. The 4 Michelins had a warrant/certificate from December 2015 and they still honored the warranty! They shipped me (totally free of charge!) a new Michelin Agilis. I got it mounted at a local shop and threw it on... just the look and smell of new rubber has me wanting to get the other three on there ASAP
Coddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Westlake Village , California
16” with spare cage

Hi,
Having a 2005 25ft Intl, after upgrading to 16” Sendels and Michelin Agilis, including spare, the spare cage “holders” may need to be bent out/diwn an inch or two but that’s a few minute job with a straight pipe Yours should be the same.

Wanted keep new matching spare dirt/corrosion free fre for the likley years of travel Sealed it up and added cover before mounting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EE53161E-4459-4882-AD8F-98B6AA0BA9E2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	382144   Click image for larger version

Name:	6784A921-31C8-4D6E-8BF1-94AAA418DBB9.jpg
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	382145  

Name:	7D562871-38AF-4118-961E-D9E1687A9F36.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	382146  
Vantair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
SenDel sells a steel 16” wheel which we acquired for the 2014 31’ Classic’s spare. I also acquired a “spare” SenDel aluminum wheel just in case. Had to bend the arms outwards for the 16” Michelin to fit. Was a wrestling match to get onto the bracket and off the bracket, but it is doable. Remember, the spare needs to be replaced at the same interval as the other four as it is subject to the same heat stress. Nothing like a flat spare to ruin the day.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:49 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member

Taylors , South Carolina
I’m sort of surprised no one has mentioned the ST off-road tires. About a half dozen of the off shore manufacturers have them on the market.

The one in the reference below is already being used as OEM.

I’m not recommending the brand. I’m just providing an alternative tire for those almost exclusively traveling out onto rugged country roads.

https://www.tredittire.com/tire/rainier-st-apex/
BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Arlington , Washington
Hi
Great Thread, I too want to upgrade using the info Ray provided in the first post
I have a 2019 FC 27'FB......will these 16" tires work/fit in my wheel wells??
it looks tight as it is with my factory rims/tires???
If I keep my AS I would like to get the 3" lift....but want to get just the 16"tires/Rims for now..will they work?
Niblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Georgetown , Texas
Michelin Agilis CrossClimate is replacement for MS2

Having spoken directly to Michelin HQ, the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate is the replacement for their aging MS2. In that I have read numerous threads on how good the MS2 has been, I plan to place them on our 27' International which currently has Goodyear Endurance. After driving on damp pavement this weekend, having a commercial grade all-weather tire that is designed for UPS trucks, ambulances, etc. should be excellent. They also said this is one of the longer-lasting tires as well.
SterlingTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #76
1 Rivet Member

2002 28' Classic
Everywhere and Nowhere in particular , All of the States
Thanks! New Spare Fits Perfect!

Thanks everyone for the tips on whether or not a spare Cross Climate on a 16" rim would fit in the spare tire cage.

I Finally replaced the ORIGINAL! spare tire from 2001. Sheesh. How tires have changed in 20 years! By grace I have been full timing since 2017 and never needed the spare, but feel much safer now having new rubber that matches the other four now.

It was a tight fit, but I didn't have to make any modifications or bend the bars at all. I purchased a 16" silver steal rim for $60 and have a brand new cross climate on it now.

Just a heads up in case any other 28 footers out there are wondering: I looks like 69 PSI is perfect for the Micheline Agilis Crossclimates and our size rig. Let's call it 70 :-)

I have been running Michelin LTX tires at 65, but will be running 70 PSI with the new tires.

Thanks again for the tips!
Coddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:19 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Michelins show minimal wear and NO added Air

Traveled 3,829 miles towing the middle of May to early June 2021.

Probably six, maybe seven States. All along the East side of the Rocky Mountains / Black Hills and right down the middle. I am not counting.

Constant RAIN in NE Texas and Oklahoma Panhandles, western Kansas and rain stopped south of... South Dakota and Black Hills. Deadwood was nice and visited the Homestake Mine view... but no Gold Samples available, I am told.

No, the Airstream did not leak, flood or suffer any water damages... due to the Airstream construction... or the Michelin Tires being used. OK?

Look at the profile of the 16 inch Michelins and having the 3 inch Dexter Lift on the Badlands of Nebraska photo.

One rivet popped to the left of the Bathroom wall, on the uncurved wall, next to the front bed 27 foot 2019 International. Took a 3/4 inch lath screw, secured it and looks real fancy, too. Try finding it if I did not show you where it was installed!

I have not added air since purchasing the Tires at Costco. I have not reduced any pressure, either.

I include some photographs as proof that this is not Kansas or a movie set.

These 16 inch tires will ROT before they begin to wear out.

The original factory installed Michelin tires on the 2016 F350... show wear. The Rear tires are worn more than the front. I have NOT added air in these tires, either. It has been almost 5 years.

My plan may be to replace the REAR Two tires, as the Fronts have much less wear. I will ask the tire supervisor what his opinion may be. This is NOT an All Time 4x4... it is a F350... so lets not hear that it will ruin my transmission, differential, transfer case... blah, blah, blah.

I do not sell Michelin tires. I do not work for a tire company. I have no reason to make up anything.

I did get those plates to mount with the Trailer Wheels that are said to make them 'perfectly balanced' once moving. Cannot recall the name. They are flat chrome with metal BB's that move in a round cylinder. They seem to be doing well with the very little wear on these tires. No cupping. No axle issues with wear on outside or inside the tire.

Anyone who says these E Rated tires will ruin my trailer... are a bit too late. Airstream has been using Michelin 16 inch tires on the HIGH PRICED models.

Check it out. True. I saw them on one years ago and thought... I must be a numbnut with the Goodyear Marathons... and I was. Converted immediately. Many members said "Ray, you are crazy to do this. You will ruin your Airstream. Rivets will fall out by the millions... a bit of exaggeration there. You get my 'drift'.

Call me happy, happy and do not need to check tire pressure, temperature or amount of tread remaining.

When WE Boondock... everyone else finds an excuse to pay to smell the neighbors at an overpriced RVPark. We smell... fresh Air. Aaaah. I say.

Photos: Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico, Utah, Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming looking WEST at Buffalo, Wyoming, Heelers in a June snowdrift in Wyoming (Atlantic City, Wyoming vicinity).

Had my Wyoming Cowboys hat on and nobody tried to... take it off. Yaaaa Hooo. No one messes with a Crazy Cowboy imitator with Two Blue Heelers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0068.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	397508   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0018.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	397509  

Name:	DSCN0006.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	397510   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0069.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	397511  

Name:	DSCN0046.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	397512   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0058.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	397513  

Name:	DSCN0178.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	397514  
Old 06-15-2021, 04:26 PM   #78
Rivet Master

Ray,

Took your advice about a month ago, and upgraded the 34' Front Kitchen to the Sendel 16" with the AGILIS tires and so glad that I did.

Enjoy,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	397517  
Old 06-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Ray,

Took your advice about a month ago, and upgraded the 34' Front Kitchen to the Sendel 16" with the AGILIS tires and so glad that I did.

Enjoy,
You will not be disappointed.

Those who have SINGLE AXLES need to sit down and have a deep consideration for 16 Inch Michelin E Rated Tires. They are the most vulnerable of all Airstream Owners.

Heavier Airstreams now have Goodyear E Rated Tires. From my C Rated 14 inch terrible experiences on the 2006 23 foot Safari... They should have recalled the wheels and tires, replacing them with 15 inch like Airstream eventually did.

I was always worried about another FLAT TIRE since the tread was so thin and or another Blowout. Even Goodyear Dealers ignored that the tires were junk and blamed the owner/operator of those stuck with 14 inch C rated tires. NO other Airstream used them... only the 23 Foot. Figure that out.

I have NOT had a FLAT TIRE with Michelins.
I have NOT had a Blow Out with Michelins.
I have NOT had to ADD Nitrogen or any Air into my 2016 F350 or later Airstreams with Michelins. ( Ask my wife if you think I make this up.)

It was not the Driver causing my tire failures. It seems to always BE the Owner's Fault when you want something done about the Marathons. I never received anything for the blow out tire and had to pay out of pocket for those with puncture of nails, staples and metal through the thin tread and belting. Just obscene how it was always... MY Fault.

Today... not even needing to add AIR for years. Really.

My travels have not changed.
I load and haul no differently.
I do not abuse my Airstream or Tow Vehicles when Off paved roads.

What I did do... changed Brand of Tire to Michelin, wheel and tire Diameter to 16 inch... Airstream does not recognize the 16 inch Michelin as appropriate except on their HIGHEST PRICE MODELS.

Owning the 23 foot for 8 years and going into a 25 foot was primarily for the TIRES and Wheels.

Today I travel A LOT. All speeds. All kinds of roads. No tire issues any longer since I went to better tires. Michelin 16 inch at MY Expense.

Anyone who thinks this new Goodyear is great... fine with me.

But those with Single Axles... you might reconsider. I would want the best road tested tire out there on MINE. Sixteen Inch wheels and Michelins. The better tire will not cause your trailer to fall apart. It will fall apart by itself right now.

That is the scare tactic I would get. Then Goodyear goes to E Rated tires, increased tread... and ZZZZZZZZ. No problem now... with the 'improved Goodyear' tires. Why improve what they said were already... great?

(The photograph was June 20, 2007. New Trailer. Blowout on a dirt road in NW Colorado. Crappy steel unmatched spare and wrong lug nuts that fit aluminum and needed to be carefully tightened so the Steel Wheel was not on crooked.)

As you can tell. I am tired of the Tire People and their preaching. I am now content and happy. I hope everyone has NOTHING like I experienced. I still taste the disappointment when this comes up. Thank you for listening. Think about it seriously.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1938.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	397522   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1780.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	397523  

Old 06-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #80
Rivet Master

Ray,

I got a total of 7 wheels/tires during my upgrade. It will be easy enough to rotate it through during the lifespan. I will also add the 15" wheels/tires were saved and in the building. If I know the trailer may sit through the winter for six or more months, I'll put the 15" back on the trailer as "storage tires" in the hope it will help keep the new tires in better shape and not develop flat spots that can happen with tires sitting for a long time. It might be overkill and extra work, but at the cost of seven wheels/tires, I'll do everything I can to keep them in good shape.

Enjoy,