Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
Kevin Erwin

2021 30RB Classic
Bokeelia , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Kevin Erwin
Failing Pressure in New Tire

Just a heads-up for anyone like us experiencing a slow leak from a new tire on their AS. We have a 2021 30' Classic and are currently on a long-haul from southwest Florida to the Seattle area. We had trouble maintaining pressure in the driver side front tire since we received the trailer. The problem became more of an issue, losing pressure faster while traveling. We finally stopped and had the tire and wheel examined by a qualified mechanic. When we partially separated the tire from the wheel, I found that the tire pressure sensor was mounted on the rim up against the valve stem causing the stem to bend at the base creating the leak. We readjusted the sensor to clear the new valve stem we installed. Problem fixed.
Kevin Erwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Metal stems, esp with stem mounted TP senders.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Classic
Hubbard , Oregon
I had the same issue with our factory installed TPMS on our 2020 Classic. At that point, I wish I had the valve stem mounted sensors so I could take to any tire shop and replace the valve stem and screw on the sensor.
TKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote