Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #21
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Installed this system when I went to the 16" wheels and Michelin's just over two years ago. Ordered the system when I got the tires from Tire Rack. Has worked perfectly and I really like it!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmeloy View Post
I recently had installed a new set of tires on our AS. On the first tire removed and broken down, the tire guy found the Dill transmitter, a washer, and a broken retainer screw loose inside the tire. The other three tires were fine.

The tire guy knew that the tire contained a Dill transmitter, and I did not see any obvious marks on the transmitter that would indicate that the tire machine might make if it struck the transmitter during breakdown of the tire.

The small retainer screw appears to have failed. When I replace the transmitter assembly next week, I will examine the valve stem (currently still in the tire) to see if I can tell what might have happened.

I did the install of the transmitters (on 05/04/2010) in each of the four rims and used a torque wrench on the retainer screws. At this point, I have no idea as to what might have caused this failure. Nor do I know when the failure occurred, as the transmitter continued to work normally as it swam around inside the tire.
Same thing happened to me (installed 4 Dill in 2019 by TireRack) and one came apart sometime last year. Having it replaced now, hopefully tire is not damaged from parts rolling around inside. My transmitter however did not work on that tire.