Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2021, 08:52 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
AS Club/Michelin Advantage

For those of you who belong to the AS Club, have you investigated the Michelin Advantage Program offered to club members?

There is a webinar available on the AS Club website under Member-Only Benefits that outlines the program including a Q&A session.

Looks like a beneficial program with a significant discount and it can be used for tires for any vehicle you have, including your cars. Assuming you like Michelin tires (apparently some people don't) does anyone see a downside to the program?
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Installer

The downside to me is that it seems you need to use their list of installers, none of which have a good reputation in my area. I would prefer to have the tires shipped to me and take them to my installer, or even better, have Michelin ship the tires to my installer. Tire Rack and Tire Buyer give me better choices, even if it costs more for the tires.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
I don’t think the michelins are much cheaper through the membership
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
I donít think the michelins are much cheaper through the membership
They did a comparison between Tire Rack and this program and the tires thru the AS Club were definitely cheaper. The example was a 30% discount which was almost twice the discount provided by Tire Rack. Of course other retailers may be different.

Looks like a cost advantage to me if you want Michelin tires.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
I guess I'll look into the program. I've had 3 sets of Michelin's over the years during the GY Marathon times. I'll have to see who they will work with in my area, I guess the 'biggies' (Discount Tire, etc.) are out.

My trailer has basically sat in one place for just over a year now and even though I've been pleased with the GY Endurance tires maybe it's time to go ahead and upgrade. I'd hate to find out the GYE's have weakened from sitting so long. This is something I have no experience about.

We have over 100K on the '04 AS with Michelins, no issues.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetED View Post
I guess I'll look into the program. I've had 3 sets of Michelin's over the years during the GY Marathon times. I'll have to see who they will work with in my area, I guess the 'biggies' (Discount Tire, etc.) are out.

My trailer has basically sat in one place for just over a year now and even though I've been pleased with the GY Endurance tires maybe it's time to go ahead and upgrade. I'd hate to find out the GYE's have weakened from sitting so long. This is something I have no experience about.

We have over 100K on the '04 AS with Michelins, no issues.
That has been my experience with Michelin tires as well. Although I'm very happy with the GYE that are on my 3 year old GT. Not sure which way I will go with my next set.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
I realize this thread is a few months old, but am replacing my Michelins that have done very well (almost 70 miles) but are aged out.

So I explored the Airstream Club program and it seems to answer some of the earlier questions posted here. First, for me in Montana, the dealers are three - Costco, Tire Rack, and Tire America. Costco won't install them (although they did install the ones I'm taking off) but the difference in price is $164.99 each through Costco (the Michelin Defenders) and the same tires through Costco at $116.00, through the Airstream Club... IOW, bought through Costco.

Since with all three options the tires are ordered and delivered - but I have to have another dealer put them on - the savings more than pays for having someone else do the install. Am I missing why this club benefit isn't a benefit?
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote