Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Bozeman , Montana
Am I buying the right tires/rims?

Hello there! I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I'm looking at buying the set of tires/rims for my old 1969 Overlander Int'l. Everything in the ad seems to match as far as I can tell, but I'm a serious rookie.
(These four 15-inch aluminum rims and tires were taken off my Airstream trailer, which I replaced with 16-inch tires. They are low mileage, under 10,000 miles. Excellent condition. Goodyear Marathon ST225 75/R15 tires. I believe the rims are SenDel T02. No lug bolts or center cap. $500 cash only.)
Someone said that because my trailer has the old electric drum breaks, I need to make sure the offset matches my break system. Any advice on how to figure this out? And is there anything else I'm missing before I buy? Gotta make sure it's road ready for a trip from WI to MT--less likely to move it after that. Thanks so much! Meg
megkcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Laredo , Texas
Should work

In my experience, all AS use zero offset wheels. I put wheels/tires similar to the ones you are looking at on my 67 Overlander and they work fine, though getting them in the wheel wells was a pretty tight squeeze. They are wider and slightly shorter than the OEM tires.
55AS is offline   Reply With Quote