Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Inland RV

Inland RV??? Anyone been able to contact these guys. Ordered and paid for new axles/brakes/hubs etc for my 78 Excella remodel and haven’t been able to get in touch via email/phone/ social media since -ordered March 6- please help if possible
ShinyShanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The former owner "retired" and sold to an inexperienced new owner, who apparently didn't know what due diligence entailed... and who may have ended up buying a lot of liability and few if any assets.
Who really knows?
If you used a debit or credit card, file for a refund. There might be some consumer protection department in California that.could be of.some help. And of course there are any number of apps which could allow you to find neighboring businesses - they could tell you if the building is still occupied.

I hope the axle just shows up.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FYI

"Inland RV" mentions here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Inla...=airforums.com

Recent thread: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/trouble-with-inland-rv-late-2019-early-2020-a-204638.html

Good luck,

Peter

FYI
FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Inland is in California and they may not be considered essential and therefore shut down with the stay at home order. Not an excuse for failure to communicate.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShanty View Post
Inland RV??? Anyone been able to contact these guys. Ordered and paid for new axles/brakes/hubs etc for my 78 Excella remodel and haven’t been able to get in touch via email/phone/ social media since -ordered March 6- please help if possible
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Update- I went to maps and found a neighbor (Yotamasters) called them and they said that have seen the bay doors open multiple times and they were open when I called Yotamasters. My wife called and a gentleman answered the phone. He took my name and number and invoice number and said when the girls got in he would Give them the message. No one returned my call yet!
ShinyShanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
Vintage Only

1966 26' Overlander
Ramona , California
I suggest you immediately cancel the order and call the credit card bank and request a refund. If you wait too long the window might close.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Westlake Village , California
Very Sorry for your experience...on a lesser value example:

This explains for two months prior tried to purchase factory bearing seals there (as successfully done in the past ).

Must have left 6 Voice messages and 3 emails over a period of 3 weeks..... no response either way.

Finally, found exact same part number factory seals at Out of Doors Mart for 1/2 the price. Also, OoDM folks very knowledgeable & attentive to deal with.
2020 GMC Sierra Denali Diesel 2500 4X4 10 spd 3.43 Int sway/tow controller
1981 Honda Trail CT110 1X0..no sway control
Vantair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I went to look at Airstream's website and tried to find Inland RV's contact information.
They are no longer listed on Airstream's website as an Airstream dealer.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
AW Inland was never a Airstream dealer although he had several old trailers at the lot. Andy was a parts dealer business that was sold a couple of years ago. He was very knowledgeable about the history and vintages. He got a bit cantankerous in the last years before he sold the business to one of his employees.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Bought some rock guard hinges from Inland this month. Deal went well. Hinges arrived when they said they would.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Andy the owner of this site/RV Life and all its affiliates? I truly remember reading it somewhere when Airforums became an RV Life community, which doesn’t seem that long ago. I looked for the thread and can’t seem to find it now, but someone owns this site and by extension RV Life etc...

In my mind it’s him until proven otherwise.

As far as cantankerous goes, I know I’d get a bit spicy having to field newbie questions for decades, especially the easily searched ones. I found him to be a fount knowledge and wish him well in his custom Airstream yacht floating around Micronesia and raking in gobs of cash from the pop up ads on all his sites.

Cheers Andy!

Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #12
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansk View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Andy the owner of this site/RV Life and all its affiliates? I truly remember reading it somewhere when Airforums became an RV Life community, which doesn’t seem that long ago. I looked for the thread and can’t seem to find it now, but someone owns this site and by extension RV Life etc...

In my mind it’s him until proven otherwise.

As far as cantankerous goes, I know I’d get a bit spicy having to field newbie questions for decades, especially the easily searched ones. I found him to be a fount knowledge and wish him well in his custom Airstream yacht floating around Micronesia and raking in gobs of cash from the pop up ads on all his sites.

Cheers Andy!
Ian
The Andy that owns this website is most certainly NOT the same Andy that used to own Inland RV. Two completely different (and I mean that with every fiber of my being) human beings.

Now, before I say something that will get my ears slapped back, I'm going to shut up. Three cheers for Airforums!

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
After asking the google overlords a dozen different ways I found the thread:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f16...ite-56039.html

Ian

PS... not that it really pertains to the OP’s question, but thread creep and all.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
The Andy that owns this website is most certainly NOT the same Andy that used to own Inland RV. Two completely different (and I mean that with every fiber of my being) human beings.

Now, before I say something that will get my ears slapped back, I'm going to shut up. Three cheers for Airforums!

Jim
What are the chances... Andy Rogozinski (inland RV) and Andy Robinowitz (this sites owner)... my mistake. Carry on.

Ian
Old 05-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
AW Inland was never a Airstream dealer although he had several old trailers at the lot. Andy was a parts dealer business that was sold a couple of years ago. He was very knowledgeable about the history and vintages. He got a bit cantankerous in the last years before he sold the business to one of his employees.
I assumed Andy R was an Airstream dealer.
Thanks for setting me straight!
Old 05-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Inland RV, Andy's business was (is) in Corona CA. He used to be on this forum and yes gave repetitive answers to many a newbie. He also got annoyed and direct when folks challenged his knowledge.

One of his articles on vintage axels is still often referred to.

I meant no disrespect when I described his as having gotten cantankerous. He spent many a time on the phone with us answering questions. When we stopped by the shop he stood at the counter answering more questions. On two ocassions he invited us into his office.

On one of our orders I ordered the wrong size fridge vent (my fault) and they would not allow me to return it. On our next trip to CA I took the fridge vent and he let me exchange it. He also turned us on to Aircraft Spruce (a couple doors down from him) for clecos and rivets.

On one of our visits, when we had heard he might be selling his business, I cheekily suggested he sell his warehouse full of parts and bits to Steve at Vintage Trailer Supply and he scoffed and harrumphed.

Not that any of that mattered but that human time capsule of knowledge can't be replicated.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
I’m a fan of Steve and vintagetrailersupply.com

Glad to have them available.

Ian
Old 05-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Inland RV, Andy's business was (is) in Corona CA. He used to be on this forum and yes gave repetitive answers to many a newbie. He also got annoyed and direct when folks challenged his knowledge.

One of his articles on vintage axels is still often referred to.

I meant no disrespect when I described his as having gotten cantankerous. He spent many a time on the phone with us answering questions. When we stopped by the shop he stood at the counter answering more questions. On two ocassions he invited us into his office.

On one of our orders I ordered the wrong size fridge vent (my fault) and they would not allow me to return it. On our next trip to CA I took the fridge vent and he let me exchange it. He also turned us on to Aircraft Spruce (a couple doors down from him) for clecos and rivets.

On one of our visits, when we had heard he might be selling his business, I cheekily suggested he sell his warehouse full of parts and bits to Steve at Vintage Trailer Supply and he scoffed and harrumphed.

Not that any of that mattered but that human time capsule of knowledge can't be replicated.
I can’t wait to be cantankerous...

Ian
Old 05-02-2020, 01:01 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
It’s an integral part of the fun of getting lots older!!!

I play it for all it’s worth!
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York

Hey watch it there, Rich, I resemble that!

Peter

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote