Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #41
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Looking forward to going thru the fresh water system this year. Revive the Splendide W/D and look at adding a dishwasher.

The W/D was a factory option. Vented.

Think I'll upgrade the water pump. And maybe increase the size of the water heater.

Anyone with something to add?
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #42
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Maybe add an additional WH...you know, like the 'on demand' ones you can add to a kitchen sink... but route the water to the 'in' side of the existing WH...

If you by plastic utensils, you can 'wash' them in the washing machine... =) Hey, I remember SOME of my bachelor days.... Put the forks/knives/spoons in a pillow case and tie it closed... keeps things from getting jammed.

Screens.. I just replaced ours on the main screen door. Really simple.

Window tint...

"Command hooks"... we added to our shower door and inside the shower for hanging towels to dry, etc..

MaxAir...

Check window / door seals... are they still flexible?

LP lines flexible?

Upgrade from Thetford connection on dump hose..?

Replace City Water hose... filter... Keep the little 'flex' line that comes with the filter an attach to your Black washout connector (if you use it)... makes connecting easier..

Replace the step anti-skid (I just did this with a 3M product...) it has a reflective yellow strip for us visually challenged folks...

Paint the trailer tongue... top and bottom =)

Add a 12VDC 'outlet' to your batteries.... I added a standard 120vAC female to some good extension cord and connected with good terminals (and a fuse)... now I can open the battery door, deploy the cord, plug in a special '12VDC trouble' light or air pump... and, I can use a standard extension cord to extend the reach....
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #43
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Airhog, I think you were supposed to wash your underwear really well, first, before you put it in the salad spinner.

We had one of those "wonder wash" canisters once-- the manual, hand-crank system that looks like R2D2. I think we got it through a Lehman's catalogue, in their section on items designed for overseas missionaries. Although small, it did wash clothes fairly well, although it didn't spin-dry. Unfortunately after several uses, the threads were stripping out on the top, where you have to screw on the cap. Tightly. After it began spewing sudsy water all over the place with a few turns of the handle, we gave up on it.

I really don't like Laundromats any more than I like dentist offices, but some RV parks are getting downright persnickety about letting folks hang out the wash on a clothesline to dry.

My solution has been to find ways to cut down on laundry in the first place, like buying dark sturdy underwear that can go in the washer with the jeans, so no separate loads are needed for lights, darks, delicates, or sturdy. Also, they're a lot more discrete than itsy-bitsies when pegged to a clothesline in a CG. When packing, all clothes must go with all other clothes, colour-wise. A really effective and cheap underarm deodorant powder and clothes-odour freshener is ordinary baking soda mixed with a little deodorant (or good-smelling) bath powder, at a ratio of about 3 or 4 to 1. This doesn't harm the clothes.

Re: Paula's back-of-the-truck wash & rinse cycles.... when I was a kid and my family took long road trips, my mother would sometimes wash out a few small items by hand, and then roll up the car windows on them, so that they would flap in the breeze, going down the highway at 65 mph, or whatever. Kind of embarrassing, but it did work. Funny, you don't see anybody doing that today.

Jeanne
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:49 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Sometime , Alabama
Hey lewster...
2016 30' International Serenity:
Thinking about removing the dinette and installing a Splendide combo washer/dryer and a small desk in that space.
Please let me know if you
-have any advice on that concept
-can point me to any resources for install guidance
-can point me to any resources that can do that install

We do not have an Airstream yet, but are in heavy research mode for purchase.

Will be an Airstream fulltimer.

Thanks!
bigcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #45
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
BC,

Where are you geographically? Placing a Splendide will require both electrical, plumbing and venting modifications.

I have several places in mind once I know where you are. (No locators show on the phone app)

Thanks!

Lew Farber
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Sometime , Alabama
Lewster, we are in central Alabama.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

Sometime , Alabama
...also lewster, I'm reasonably confident with mechanical, electrical and plumbing projects. I just like to do my research and lean on those that have "been there, done that" before me when possible. I value good advice when I take on projects. So, I'm open to contacts that you have that could do this type of project...or advice/direction from you or others should I take this on myself.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #48
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
BC,

Please send me a private message.

Thanks!!

Lew Farber
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

Sometime , Alabama
lewster...I sent you a pm.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #50

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
Washer/Dryer

I have a question regarding how you installed the washer and dryer in your Airstream. Would it be possible to see the photo?
hijikuu is offline   Reply With Quote