Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Washer/Dryer & Dishwashers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2020, 11:07 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
bugs, thank you! This is really helpful. I'll take all of this into consideration! You make a good point. I think I will take a lot of pics to document the process, so it can hopefully help anyone else wanting to do the same thing. And I'm with you, I cook pretty much everything I eat and washing, rinsing and santizing dishes by hand while I'm juggling 2 full-time jobs is not something that will be sustainable for me. i think this will help. Thanks for your feedbak!
Binsgrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:53 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
Okay, folks in this thread. I spoke with the local Airstream dealership and they said they can do the cabinetry/carpentry work, installation, including the plumbing work that goes with it. It is Camper Clinic 2 in Buda, Texas. I'm full-timing and they said it would take about 3 days to have it in the shop to work on. Worth it? Not worth it? And, does anyone have any experience with this dealership and their maintenance dept.?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsgrief View Post
Okay, folks in this thread. I spoke with the local Airstream dealership and they said they can do the cabinetry/carpentry work, installation, including the plumbing work that goes with it. It is Camper Clinic 2 in Buda, Texas. I'm full-timing and they said it would take about 3 days to have it in the shop to work on. Worth it? Not worth it? And, does anyone have any experience with this dealership and their maintenance dept.?
You didn't mention cost so I guess you're asking about 3 days without your trailer (maybe more then 3 days?). That depends on a lot in Covid-19 days.

Will the place you're staying let you come back after leaving for repair?

Can you get a place to stay during repair?

Will it interfere with your 2 full-time jobs?
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
1995 25' Excella
2007 28' Classic
Sebring , Florida
The administrator of a group on Facebook for those who live full time in their Airstream installed a dishwasher in her classic. It is not the same model or brand you are considering but she did include photos of the final result. Feel free to join, search and ask questions. I did just search dishwasher and was able to find her posts easily. Good luck! 😊

https://www.facebook.com/groups/313347242442238/
Sea-lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
All good things to bring up. I can find a place to stay for a few days if need be that won't interfere with my work too much. I just realized I left a bunch of info out of my last post. They said it would be about $100/hr for labor. I don't know if they are using a full 3-days, or if that's just what their general workload necessitates and its a generic timeframe they are throwing out. I'm wondering if the dealership will do such a phenomenal job that it is worth it to pay them to do it and be without my trailer for a few days, or if I can get a carpenter to come out and do that part, then an rv repair guy to come out and do the plumbing piece. It would likely be cheaper and I wouldn't have to move my trailer, but if its a big risk for it not being installed properly, I'm willing to go the dealership route. Any advice is welcome. Thanks for replying
Old 05-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
Good luck! We are considering this same dishwasher in our 2019 Globetrotter. Installation under our sink. Keep us posted about your progress, thanks.
SewStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Hershey , Pennsylvania
IMO there is nothing that requires the services of the dealership. You might be better off with a cabinet maker if you can find one interested in the project. Good luck with it.
Ed
89Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #28
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Ultimate airstreams in Portland area install these. I’ve been looking at installing one in our 2017 30’ international serenity.

Look carefully at the dimensions. Not quite a drop-in fit if you are replacing a microwave located within the factory cabnitry. Slightly taller than the opening which requires some cabinetry work for a stock late
model airstream.

Everything is possible with time and money. I like the idea - appealing appliance add especially when you can re-locate the microwave to the pantry with a pull-out shelf...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1177.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	367524  
Attached Images

wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
Will do! I hope it will help others like yourself who want to do the same. I'll post the results in this thread
Old 05-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
That's helpful. Will do!
Old 05-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Austin , TX
That's great. I'm good with foregoing the microwave altogether. I'm hoping I can sell it and offset the cost of the F and P dishwasher installation. Thanks for the pics! It helps to picture it and show the folks I'll likely use to do the carpentry work.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewStream View Post
Good luck! We are considering this same dishwasher in our 2019 Globetrotter. Installation under our sink. Keep us posted about your progress, thanks.
Have you had your dishwasher installed? Did they install it under the sink in your Globetrotter? I have the GT 27FB and am considering it.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:21 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamawanted View Post
Have you had your dishwasher installed? Did they install it under the sink in your Globetrotter? I have the GT 27FB and am considering it.

Not yet - Ultimate Airstreams is installing the Fisher & Paykel dishwasher under the sink in our Globetrotter mid-September. We can’t wait...so excited to make this update...mostly to conserve water. There will be a 5” drawer under the dishwasher. Will post photos when it’s done.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:29 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewStream View Post
Not yet - Ultimate Airstreams is installing the Fisher & Paykel dishwasher under the sink in our Globetrotter mid-September. We can’t wait...so excited to make this update...mostly to conserve water. There will be a 5” drawer under the dishwasher. Will post photos when it’s done.
Will that setup raise the sink and countertop? How much will it cost? I'm looking at sending my GT up to UA also. Haven't received a quote yet.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
Fisher and Paykel Installation for 2015 Classic 30

No, it will not raise the sink at all. Plumbing is going to be reworked to accommodate the dishwasher. PM me for details about the pricing from Ultimate.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:39 PM   #36
UnklJoe

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
Wulfraat,

The dishwasher in the photos you attached look a lot like the Furrion Countertop RV Dishwasher (I was researching them on etrailer.com).

Could it be that Fisher-Paykel make them for Furrion?

We have had two Fisher-Paykel two-drawer dishwashers in our homes over the years and were completely satisfied with them in every aspect, including the lack of noise--and with the phone service the one time I needed to call about a problem. I have read they use less than two gallons of water, and that would really help in the AS! (Not to mention not having to manually wash dishes.)

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you knew if that was a "stock photo" of a dishwasher install from the company you mentioned, or an actual Fisher-Paykel unit.

Thanks!
UnklJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:49 AM   #37
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
Fisher and Paykel Installation for 2015 Classic 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnklJoe
Wulfraat,

The dishwasher in the photos you attached look a lot like the Furrion Countertop RV Dishwasher (I was researching them on etrailer.com).

Could it be that Fisher-Paykel make them for Furrion?

We have had two Fisher-Paykel two-drawer dishwashers in our homes over the years and were completely satisfied with them in every aspect, including the lack of noise--and with the phone service the one time I needed to call about a problem. I have read they use less than two gallons of water, and that would really help in the AS! (Not to mention not having to manually wash dishes.)

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you knew if that was a "stock photo" of a dishwasher install from the company you mentioned, or an actual Fisher-Paykel unit.

Thanks!

This is an old photo from Ultimate Airstreams. The dishwasher in this photo is not a Fisher & Paykel unit. Furrion is not associated with Fisher & Paykel, although F&P is owned by Haier.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:17 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Nice improvement!

Wondering if using a new appliance in a rolling trailer, subject to road action and so forth, affects the warranty of the appliance?

FWIW and IMO -- A good quality cabinet shop, with support from a plumber and electrician, could do this work . . . nothing "Airstream-specific" involved. Also, when/if winterizing the trailer, special attention should be paid to the D/W supply and waste plumbing.

Happy trails,
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:53 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsgrief View Post
. . .
And, does anyone have any experience with this dealership and their maintenance dept.?
I may have missed replies [and PM's] answering this very important question, but have you received feedback on the dealer's ability to do this job in a timely and workmanlike manner? This forum is full of stories about dealer disappointments . . . so . . . given that the AS is your home . . .

I suggest asking the dealer to supply references for successful cabinet jobs, and also drawing up a strict contract about quality, and especially about the timeline [who pays for what if the job takes longer].

Agreeing on a route ahead of time often spares travelers disappointment on their shared journey.

Good luck,
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:24 AM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Fredericksburg , Virginia
The Fisher dishwasher was installed in my RV. It works well. We couldn't install it on our own, but had to go to a local store to ask for their help.
Philipclopez is offline   Reply With Quote