Old 11-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Wichita Falls , TX
F150 Towing

I have an F150 with short door mirrors. What is the best add on temporary mirrors for towing?
ga adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:14 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Protects tanks

Furnace cuts in so hot air is directed on tanks to keep from freezing. Heat pump doesn’t direct heat onto tanks. This switch over happens about 40 degrees on my 27FC.
Doug2009FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Savoy , Texas
Last night we ran our 2018 FC in hp mode. The out side temp got below 30 degrees and The hp switched to furnace just as instructions said. Above 30 degrees the hp went into defrost several times. The CCC2 flashed defr when it went into defrost.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

birmingham , Alabama
My 2019 FC 23CB did this weekend when it went down to 24. I was in auto mode with my HP on.
travlinchika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:38 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Menifee , California
That's what I'm thinking too. (third time out) Taking our 2018 25FB Serenity in for service and see what's going on, since we smelled gas, I turned off propane tanks, thinking we could keep the heat since we were on shore power. Now I'm confused, since we couldn't keep the temp inside at a consistent 68 degrees this last week (SoCal area was a little chilly)- it seemed to blow cold air sometimes and then sometimes we baked in the dinette area and the bedroom vents were hardly blowing heat.
Reeltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
My Dometic thermostat does NOT automatically switch to furnace. HP and Furn are separate modes.
You might be pleasantly surprised if you test your thermostat. I See that you have a 2015 International. I have a 2012 with the wimpy 13.5 heat pump. When MODE is set to HP it will automatically go to FURN at 30° F. When the propane runs out or is very low it will flicker between HP and FURN as you slowly turn blue. The Dometic thermostat is a PIA.. Wretchedly complex and easy to mess up.
Even resetting it means pulling out the manual and 2 to 5 tries to get it right.

I always leave the fan on AUTO which may or may not have anything to do with the FURN kicking in. (Maybe airflow from fan hits the thermostat faster? With everything OFF the trailer gets cold from the bottom up.)

In my previous 2006 Safari the heat pump couldn't function much below 37°F, and automatically switching over sometimes failed, especially when propane pressure was not optimal... one tank empty and the second one half gone.

The air conditioners with heat strips were very common in small Airstreams before 2006 and they worked, but used almost all of the 30 amp service to do so. There were no 50 amp units then, and you didnt want to try to make a slice of toast or use a hair dryer without turning the strips off for the duration... brrr!

Carrying spare propane tanks is not uncommon, but can be risky. It is safer in the back of a truck than than inside a van or SUV. I instantly threw out a cheap "Safty RIng" when I saw a neighboring camper who carried his spare with a heavy duty plastic milk carton carrier - much more stable.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:42 PM   #27
Cobalt

2019 25' International
Anywhere , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrb View Post
We have a 2018 25FB International Serenity. When the Dometic thermostat is set to HP (Heat Pump) mode will it automatically switch over to the Furnace mode when it's too cold outside for the heat pump to work?
I have a 2019 Int’l and it does automatically switch over. Make sure fan speed set to auto, if you use portable heat sources remember they will not allow Dometic thermostat to work effectively. A HP does not work below ~30° so you’ll hear it attempt several times and then cut onto Furnace! If I anticipate -30°F I will also open cabinets for sinks. I understand close proximity to other (shower, pump, etc) water lines and the Furnace vents keep them warm. Finally, I understand AS also vented belly pan with Furnace to help it stay a little warm.
Another reason to keep both propane tanks on open. Who wants to wake up at 2AM and Furnace quit because you want to wait till it runs out!
Anyone have ideas?
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:51 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Morgan Hill , California
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga adkins View Post
I have an F150 with short door mirrors. What is the best add on temporary mirrors for towing?
How did this get in this post?
kbmwrs is offline   Reply With Quote