Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Truckee , California
One or Two Easy Starts?

Hi All,

Great being a part of this Forum - so much great info!

We just picked up a new 2021 FC27FB with 2 AC's. We had traded out of a 2015 of the same floor plan, but with 1 only 15k btu AC. I had installed an Easy Start on it to work with my Honda 2200. It worked the one time we used it, but only marginally, I think because I didn't manage the power consumption very well.

I would like to install an Easy Start on our new trailer now, too. Question is, do I install it on the 15k or 13.5k unit? Thinking my Honda will power the 13.5k unit more easily, but not sure it makes much difference. MicroAir suggested I do both, but I don't see the advantage given that the Honda won't power both. Am I missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SGandMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGandMT View Post
Hi All,

Great being a part of this Forum - so much great info!

We just picked up a new 2021 FC27FB with 2 AC's. We had traded out of a 2015 of the same floor plan, but with 1 only 15k btu AC. I had installed an Easy Start on it to work with my Honda 2200. It worked the one time we used it, but only marginally, I think because I didn't manage the power consumption very well.

I would like to install an Easy Start on our new trailer now, too. Question is, do I install it on the 15k or 13.5k unit? Thinking my Honda will power the 13.5k unit more easily, but not sure it makes much difference. MicroAir suggested I do both, but I don't see the advantage given that the Honda won't power both. Am I missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
We did both, but it was because state parks here typically only have 30 amp service. We can run both A/C's on that 30 amp service plus the fridge.
DCPAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Do 1 and see how it works for you. Then you can do the other later if you want to. I would do the 13.5 first to be sure it will work with the gen. Our power converter draws a good bit of power. We have a switch to cut it off if need be to run the AC.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Another advantage some say is there is less wear and tear when using full hook ups because the start up cycle is less pull because the fan is turned on then the compressor.
WBCCI#8934
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Grass Lake , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
Do 1 and see how it works for you. Then you can do the other later if you want to. I would do the 13.5 first to be sure it will work with the gen. Our power converter draws a good bit of power. We have a switch to cut it off if need be to run the AC.
This is what we did. Installed the first one on the main unit (15k) were happy with it and added one to the BR unit the next year. Generally if we’re in a situation where we are using AC at night, we only use the main one to minimize noise when sleeping. I can run either one on our 2k genny.
oldenavy is offline   Reply With Quote