Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

New owners.

I have a 2004 Bambi & being in Ca. have not used the furnace yet.I decided to open up the little door & see if it needed a dusting.Inside tucked away and attached with a zip tie was the lighting instructions.Well I am not sure if this could have been a fire issue so I removed it.Funny thing is on the front cover it states it must be attached at all times,I guess it is like a new pillow with the tag that states it's not suppose to be removed either.
cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia
I have a 2004 Bambi & being in Ca. have not used the furnace yet.I decided to open up the little door & see if it needed a dusting.Inside tucked away and attached with a zip tie was the lighting instructions.Well I am not sure if this could have been a fire issue so I removed it.Funny thing is on the front cover it states it must be attached at all times,I guess it is like a new pillow with the tag that states it's not suppose to be removed either.
If I'm not wrong that tag was in an area that you can access by opening the outdoor panel. That tag is tied to the side of the furnace that stays cool and is separated from the exhaust. Not really a fire issue.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Acworth , Georgia
Post Vital Documents

Cynthia:

Being the owner of an older model Airstream, every piece of documentation that I could find with my unit was of value to me. So, save your paperwork for the folks who might own your vintage unit 25 or more years from now. They will certainly appreciate it.

Congratulations on your new Airstream and Happy Camping!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

When I was going through our 2005 Bambi, I noticed the same thing. I found it a little odd that the outer portion of the door had a warning about being too close to flammable material, while there was a paper manual zip-tied inside. I removed the manual and added it to all the other paperwork and manuals (ie. in the big binder we keep on the top shelf of the wardrobe).
Claybuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
My newly installed heater is the same way. I think if you examine the little instructions, it's a special fireproof paper, and it's in an area that doesn't get that hot anyway. I left mine on.

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote