Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Kenney , Texas
Need Replacement AC Model Number

We have an Airstream 2004 28' Classic, with the 15k BTU AC installed. I believe this system is a heat pump (or has heat strips). Two different repair facilities have told us that the compressor is shot, and that the best course of action is a complete replacement of the unit. We also have the DuoTherm Comfort Control System installed.

Dometic AC units appear to be in short supply, because of a factory fire, so I'm trying to do a lot of phone work to find a correct replacement unit. Figuring that out hasn't been too easy, though. I think it's model 650526.331C. Can anyone confirm that, or if incorrect, give me the correct model number?

I see that PPL does sell a 650526, but the suffix has to do with the color ("PW" or "SW" -- not sure which color I need, or if it makes a difference?), but their units don't make any mention of heat strips.

Can anyone help? We sure would like to escape to the higher altitudes of NM (it's HOT in Central Texas!), but we're not going to get on the road without some AC to cool us at intermediate stops.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
My opinion is... they are all about the same, 2 things I considered... Parts availability, and Price.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote