Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Battle Ground , Washington
Micro Aire Easy Start - Clarification on mounting unit

Just had a discussion with Matteo Giovanetti, one of Micro Aire's engineers. My issue was I am installing a Coleman Mach 8 (15K) and I couldn't find room inside the shroud to mount their unit. They're new box (I have the 364) is weather proof. I can mount between the compressor and the outdoor motor, close to the coil. Attached is the photo Matteo sent me to show where I can mount the unit. Adding pieces of emails:

I have a Coleman Mach 8 15K that I’m getting ready to mount (shell off renovation of a 1958 airstream). There isn’t room in the electrical box, even with the start cap removed, your box is longer. The only place I see to mount it under the shroud would interfere with cool air flow off the indoor coil. It looks like the only viable place is between the compressor and the outdoor motor and make a cover. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Harold

Thanks for the information. One question: In watching your installation video I was lead to believe your box needs to be protected from the weather. Is your box weather proof enough to be left out even if I take the outer cover off and spray the coil with water to clean it? Thanks again

Harold

Hello again Harold,

As it turns out, the black-enclosure EasyStart 364 that was used in the video over one year ago (! time flies), was discontinued this past spring in lieu of a newer enclosure version that is IP65 and fully weatherproof. Therefore, you can mount the EasyStart in the outdoor area that I explicitly forbade in the video!

One day, when we can get caught up, I plan on making a new video to capture the myriad of changes that have taken place over the past year.

Thanks again.

Matteo Giovanetti
Electrical & Controls System Engineer
matteo@microair.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coleman Mach 8 EasyStart 364 Mounting Location.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	291702  
57Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote