Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Venetia , Pennsylvania
Looking For NT-22A Parts

I recently purchased a 1974 Airstream trailer with the NT-22A "Recall" Furnace and have been having issues with it staying lit when the blower engages. As far as I can tell after having it apart twice (once for cleaning the other for fixing a leak) the microswitch is faulty. Does anyone know where I can find a suitable replacement?
BadKarma226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1966 24' Tradewind
Franklin , North Carolina
I rebuilt my NT-22A furnace over the winter and it worked great until the blower motor went out. I had my unit totaly apart replacing the recall parts and gaskets and cleaning out the firebox also. I had found parts avaliable on line( I thought) but when I tryed replacing the motor, I found out that even though the parts were listed online by PPL RV Parts they were out of stock and not avaliable. You might try looking on their web site for parts. Make sure to call about part avaliability. I ordered a new Surburban NT furnace from another supplier to replace mine. When it came it was assembled incorrectly and was returned. Very low quality of the new units. Very low airflow compaired to old units. I do not see how new units acheive the BTU ratings on such low airflow. I had hoped made in USA was better than what I received. I may just keep looking for a replacement motor.
geodazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I believe you are refering to the "sail switch". Have you tried cleaning the mechanism, it could be just binding up. What kind of shape was the rubber gasket (collar) in? It's the part that required the recall.
I haven't dug into mine yet other than to check out the burner etc. I don't think this furnace was ever used. There is no rust on the plenum or dirt in the flue. Don't know if it was repaired under the recall. All I know is that I ran it for 6 hours and it didn't set off my alarm. It ran quietly and the burner shut down and fired up when the thermostat called for heat.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote