Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited S/O
Burleson , Texas
Talk to a real heat and air guy, not an RV company before giving up on the unit. If it is out of freon as some are guessing, often the units can be repaired depending on where the leak is. If the leak is in a place such as a line it can be repaired and a fill port can be added to the line so they can replace the freon at the correct level. I did my bedroom 13,500 on a Nuwa Hitchhicker Champane over 10 years ago and it is still working. They are not serviceable as is but a good heat and air guy can do the job and save you money depending on where the leak is.
kipziprip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
Classy Roscoe

Dznf0g,

We had the rear Dometic 13,500 btu AC/HP die within the first 5 hours of operation after purchase of a new 2017 30’ Classic. Warranty got it, but I guess we were just lucky.

I am guessing you have no EZ-Start modification. If none, your options are limited so the joy of RV ownership is upon you, and now is the best time to swap it out.

I know this is not good news. Camping World should be able to do it reasonable.
Jekerrville is offline   Reply With Quote