Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Heat Pump Condensate Drain?

On my 2020 FC THE A/C drain tube is on the street side near the wheel well. I never gave much thought to it but it seems that when in the heat pump mode condensate would/could form on the outside coils.

We’re camping in SC right now (Lake Hartwell) with nightly lows of about 50 deg. I’m noticing water drain off the roof on the door side of the trailer when using the heat pump. Is there supposed to be a separate drain tube for the outside coils or am what I’m seeing normal?

Thanks,

Jim
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Nope, it’s ‘normal’.

When the A/C unit is running as a heat pump, the external coils (condenser normally) will get cold and get wet if there is enough humidity in the air. Unfortunately that water will end up on the roof...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4YZ View Post
On my 2020 FC THE A/C drain tube is on the street side near the wheel well. I never gave much thought to it but it seems that when in the heat pump mode condensate would/could form on the outside coils.

We’re camping in SC right now (Lake Hartwell) with nightly lows of about 50 deg. I’m noticing water drain off the roof on the door side of the trailer when using the heat pump. Is there supposed to be a separate drain tube for the outside coils or am what I’m seeing normal?

Thanks,

Jim

You may try leveling a little heavy on the left side to have it drain off on the other side from doors.