Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Nicholasville , Kentucky
Heat ducts

The furnace in our 65 Tradewind has a air handler underneath the floor with two round ducts branching off, one to the vent in front and the second to the vent in back. As I was closing up the belly pan last time I had it open (the first time) I noticed it, but it did not seep in as to what it was until later when I got to wondering why I didn't get much air out of the vents when the fan was running. The trailer will get hot, but I am heating the entire floor to do it. Does anyone know what size the duct pipes are and what they are made of, so I can have it laying there when I open her up again. And will there be anything stopping me from using the old (defective) duct as a fish tape to draw the new duct into place? (to keep from having to open it up all the way to the front vent?)
Dr Dan is offline   Reply With Quote