Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2024, 09:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Fort McCoy , Florida
GE Profile AC condensation

GE Profile AC condensation problem
I have a new 2024 27fbt International with two GE Profile air conditioners. I had dealer install soft starts in both. My problem is that condensation overflows out of units and drains down the sides of the trailer. Condensation lines are clean. These units use a small condensation pump. A tech at the factory said to replace the pump. I removed the pump and tested it and it pumped ok. Tech still said to replace pump. So l did and also blew out the lines. I still the have same problem. I am an old guy with a new knee and it is not easy for me to get up on the roof and do this work. We are in Florida and have a lot of humidity but the run off is a lot. Any one else having this problem with GE Profiles on Airstreams. I would appreciate any advice. I am pretty fed up with this problem on a brand new unit. Thank you
Vispro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 02:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Salida , Colorado
Can you remove the pump and just let it gravity drain? On my Dometics I just installed the catch pans underneath the evaporator drip pan and it works great.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
Vermont Airstream "Maple"

2024 27' Flying Cloud
Franklin , Vermont
I had a similar issue with my 2024 27' FC - GE Profile. Once AC drained fine and the other (most forward unit) was not draining outside (I didn't notice) but did notice water coming out of a wall seam. Pulled the filter from inside and could see the drain hose (had water in it). Went outside and hooked my wet/dry shop vac to the drain line, got some water out (didn't notice any blockage) and it's worked fine since. There was another post about this with similar results.
Greggnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:12 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Fort McCoy , Florida
That sounds like a great idea. I have not seen any drip pans available for these new GE Profile units but I am going to take another look.
Thank you
Old 06-20-2024, 06:23 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Fort McCoy , Florida
Thanks for the reply. I did the shop vac from below and I unhooked line from pump and blew out line from up top.
Line is clear. Since first post I have found that it leaks only when compressor shuts off. The pump is wired to run only when compressor runs. About ten seconds after compressor and pump shut off water starts dripping out where pump is located. It is not backing out of drain line. Either coil is continuing to drip or the fan is holding water back in the compartment while blowing and it flows out when fan cuts off. I have some video I will try to post.
Thanks again
Old 06-20-2024, 07:41 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Fort McCoy , Florida
Video of problem GE Profile AC

Old 06-21-2024, 08:22 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Salida , Colorado
Does your fan turn off/cycle on and off with the compressor?

What happens if you switch the AC from auto fan to low or high? Does the water overflow then?

Sounds like the stored water is just overflowing when the compressor turns off along with the condensate pump, dumping all the stored water in the evaporator coil to fill the condensate cups and onto the roof.

I think they wired the condensate pump to only run with the compressor on to not run the pump dry. But this has ramifications in high humidity areas.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 08:38 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Fort McCoy , Florida
Yes, I think you are correct. Airstream is looking into wire issues to see if it is on the compressor or fan. They said it should be on fan also.
Thank you
Old 06-22-2024, 08:57 PM   #9
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vispro View Post
Yes, I think you are correct. Airstream is looking into wire issues to see if it is on the compressor or fan. They said it should be on fan also.
Thank you
I can't speak for GE but on the Coleman Mach the pump is controlled thru the compressor common circuit where it is connected to the high pressure switch relay. There is no connection to the fan motor whatsoever. It wouldn't make sense to control the pump with the fan anyway because you don't need the pump when you are only using the fan.

It would be possible to solve the problem by connecting a "delay on break" relay to power the pump from another (constant) source while controlling the relay coil with the compressor circuit, but probably not something the dealer would be able to figure out.