Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
Michael

1990 32' Excella
Miami , New Mexico
Send a message via Yahoo to flyfisherman
Furnace Vibration and Noise

I recently purchased a 1990 Excella 1000 32' and I have a couple of problems. This trailer was a home for a packrat family and wasps for a number of years before the purchase.

1) The furnace lights and blows warm air, but there is a tremendous vibration and it blew tiny bits of nest material for a few minutes and makes a lot of noise and vibration. Do I need to replace the fan? I'm guessing I'll need to pull the entire unit.

2) The control panel for the holding tanks and propane doesn't work, although the bulbs are okay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I love the forum

Overwintering in the mountains of New Mexico.
flyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Rivet Clean it out ...

Pull the furnace and clean out the 'squirrel cage'. The inlet & outlets will probably need cleaning too. The biggest problem I have encountered is Mud-Daubbers.

May as well 'bang' out the rust, too! A good inspection should be conducted to determine any possible rust-through areas.

You will be able to test the 'smoothness' of the 'squirrel cage' by feeding the motor 12VDC & manually operating the 'sail-switch'. Once you open the unit up you will understand.

After you have re-fit the unit, install a Stainless screen over the outside fittings. You can find them at most complete RV parts houses.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Sounds like a slew of mud dauber nests on the fan blades.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
Michael

1990 32' Excella
Miami , New Mexico
Send a message via Yahoo to flyfisherman
Thanks, I thought it would probably be something like that. I guess I just wanted someone else to tell me the obvious... My next project is the control panel.
flyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote