Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 04:55 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Bob's link was to the 20-footer thread, but you will have to find those posts by number. #1577 was in late March.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f542...rs-127845.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Peter and Bob, thanks for the links; am following them now.

Knock on wood the furnace is working and provided heat through the night. I'll keep this thread updated with any new info in case I have to.

On mine all the access is outside via the access panel. I never did see an LED flashing during the fault, but I probably don't know where to look.

Guess I need to add 'HVAC Tech' to my resume for being an RVer lol.

Thanks again.

Rich
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:55 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Peter and Bob, thanks for the links; am following them now.

Knock on wood the furnace is working and provided heat through the night. I'll keep this thread updated with any new info in case I have to.

On mine all the access is outside via the access panel. I never did see an LED flashing during the fault, but I probably don't know where to look.

Guess I need to add 'HVAC Tech' to my resume for being an RVer lol.

Thanks again.

Rich

I could not find mine either until i reset the toggle and the state. Coincidentally the light appeared right in front of the decal for the error codes...probably for a reason.

Keep us posted down the road if you have problems. As I indicated I went thru the reset...it works...heat! for 4 or 5 days until finally the work around failed as well.

Happy Trails
Bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #44

2017 30' Flying Cloud
​201​9 Atlas​
Ormond Brach , Florida
Dip switches ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATownTX View Post
Hey all, just wondering if the line to the furnace has been completely purged of all air? Could that be it?
Could the dip switch Need to be address?
Hard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #45
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Santa Fe , New Mexico
2019 22 ft. BAMBI SPORT - furnace issues

Hello, We have a 2019 22 ft. BAMBI SPORT. It has an Atwood furnace fan that blows for 20 seconds (cold air ) then turns off even on shore power. This has been an ongoing problem & never seems to work since we bought it. All other gas appliances work fine. Battery is AGM @ 13.6 volts. We had the dealer fix it since it is still under Warranty. It still does not work.
I searched other threads about this issue and found some information that others with older models had this problem too. But since our trailer is a newer model wanted to hear if anyone else had ideas about this or has had this problem with a newer trailer.
Thank you!
firemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #46
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
There should be an error code blinking on the circuit card. It sounds like a sail switch error. The sail switch tells the furnace that the fan is up to speed and to open the gas valve and start ignition. If it is a sail switch there are several possibles, but a common issue is insects nesting on the fan.

First check the error code, it will be 1 or 2 or 3 blinks and then a 3 second pause.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
This is an old thread with a good protocol from Andrew T

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f51...on-145370.html Post #12

Following Peter's above post referencing a link to my post, it didn't have the image of the very hard to see blinking light/diode.

A few years ago, my stat would turn on the fan but not fire...click click click. Reset switch... same delio.

Mine ended up being (according to the dealer under warranty) both the igniter and the sail switch, tho the error code pointed to the sail switch.

The light is hard to see but in the image it is the vertical column (you can just see it produing up ) immediately in front of the error code chart at the back of the board.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f542/20-footers-127845-79.html Post 1577

images of the badboys... in my case

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f542/20-footers-127845-96.html post 1914

poking around I found a recap post of the diagnosis and repair

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/atwood-7900-ii-not-staying-lit-1-flash-w-3-second-pause-183642.html post #4

sorry for bouncing around here. It's been awhile.

b

p.s. my senior mind forgot I had saved this thread, so this is an edit....a great thread by Veg Hed

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/atwood-7900-ii-not-staying-lit-1-flash-w-3-second-pause-183642.html#post2131447 post #19

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9402 s.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	364118  
Old 03-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #48
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Darren at My RV Works has about 15 videos on furnace trouble shooting and repairs. Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0utYK7sVOKwXVY

And this one is a sample of diagnostics on a Dometic/Atwood AFM

He walks you thru the steps the furnace goes thru to fire up.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Thanks Gary for the links.

To be filed under FWIW...here is a recent thread re sail switches and dog hair

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42...ml#post2328062
Old 03-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #50
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
I saw that thread and a few months ago I pulled Atwood apart just to find it and inspect it. AFAIK never touched since built 2007. No debris, nada. But now I know where it is hiding.

I've watched most all of Darren's videos and each gas appliance has it's own sequence of operation to run and by knowing what the sequence is it opens up a diagnostic approach to fault finding.

One suggestion to anyone that has a bit of hands on skills go ahead and open up your Atwood/Dometic furnace inspection panel and have a look once in a while. If you're game for it remove the exhaust pipe under YOUR TERMS not sitting in camp cold and upset. By removing it every couple of years you break up the corrosion bond and you'll be able to remove it as req'd for service w/o blood sweat and tears of pain.

And i'm actually now thinking about taking an old spark plug to see if I could do a temp rig up to make a spark tester cause I don't carry a spare igniter.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote