Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkiesel
A note about Sail switches. In our trailer, the more lights we have turned on the slower the blower spins, to the point where it is not spinning fast enough to trip the sail switch, adn the furnace will go out. As you turn off the lights the blower will spin faster, and the burner will light again. This is even with a fully charged battery. Newer trailers may not suffer this condition, but it's something to consider.
Check the output of your converter. You should be able to power the furnace and lights!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #22
Rick & Lynn Rorie

2019 25' International
Mint Hill , North Carolina
Mine's fixed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billberk
I’m having an intermittent ignition problem with the Atwood furnace in my 2007 Safari. The blower comes on and I can hear the clicking sound of the igniter. It tries to light three times and then gives up.

After I turn the thermostat off and back on, and hit the reset switch on the furnace, it may light and cycle through properly a few times before failing again. I noticed this happening after I ran out of gas in one tank and switched to the other. That may just be coincidence since it had no effect on the water heater.

Has anyone experienced this or have suggestions on how to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks in advance. -Bill
I had this problem exactly, and I did a lot of research, mainly here on this board. I finally decided that my problem must be a bad propane regulator, and I replaced it. I did not use the Marshall unit that seems to be the default piece to use, but used the Cavagna regulator that several posters liked. It costs more. One thing I've learned over half a century of buying photographic equipment, audio equipment, computer equipment, and now Airstream goodies, is that the cheaper part is ALWAYS cheaper for a reason. It's staggering how often this proves to be the case. (down from the soapbox) Anyway, My stove lights faster, my furnace worked on the first try, and my fridge switches to propane almost immediately. I took a diagnostic shot, and it paid off. Doesn't always work that way...
WBCCI 7231
rickdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
1999 30' Excella 1000
White Haven , Pennsylvania
Thanks Lewster, That may well be the case. the converter is original to the trailer. I'll check it out. George.
Gkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
Well I took this in and had the gas regulator in the furnace replaced. Turns out my problem was at the furnace. According to the tech, there are two valves in the thing that gas flows through, and one of mine was bad.

Thanks for all the input on this issue.

Bill
billberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #25
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Well I took this in and had the gas regulator in the furnace replaced. Turns out my problem was at the furnace. According to the tech, there are two valves in the thing that gas flows through, and one of mine was bad.

Bill
Correct!

As a safety feature, any furnace is required to have redundant gas valves (2) so that if one fails to close, the other one will......saving a potential disaster.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:

Bill
Glad you got it fixed! So now there's another thing to check when the furnace won't ignite properly...thanks for letting us know what was going on... and adding to the accumulated knowledge about this problem...

Now you can be all cozy and warm!

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote