Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Somewhere , Way South Of Heaven
Just to let you know what was wrong was that the unit was just dirty. I'd attribute most of it to a ton of soot in the chamber. I cetainly appreciate everyones advice and input. Thanks again.
ATSL77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
Single Slice

2004 28' Safari S/O
Livingston , Louisiana
It does sound like the sail switch. The formed owner even had the control board replaced because of the problem. I pulled out the sail switch, tested it and saw that it worked only sometimes, replaced it and the heater works every time now.
david686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Post Falls , Idaho
I had this exact same problem with the Suburban furnace in my 1978 Argosy motorhome last year. It turned out to be the Limit Switch. I replaced it along with the gasket and it took care of the problem.
steveturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by david686 View Post
It does sound like the sail switch. The formed owner even had the control board replaced because of the problem. I pulled out the sail switch, tested it and saw that it worked only sometimes, replaced it and the heater works every time now.
The sail switch is the last thing I'd check, in my twenty years and four Air Streams, I've never had one go out, but we've full-timed and the furnace gets regular use. Everything else have failed, in spades. It's almost better, especially on older furnaces, when it's removed and cleaned, to replace everything that could cause the same problem: air, but no heat.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1977 sovereign, furnace