Old 10-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Front Air Conditioner

Ours is a 2018 Classic. Everything has been working perfectly up till last week.

We were at a campground with 50A hook-ups. Used both front and back AC units and all worked well. Left that campground and headed to a new location.

Still have 50A hook-ups but now only the rear AC works.

Iíve checked and reset the breaker.
The font AC unit will not work.
The fan in the AC unit will not work.
Tried the emergency switch in the cabinet for the AC - nothing.
Everything else works great.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Chuck
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Ours is a 2018 Classic. Everything has been working perfectly up till last week.

We were at a campground with 50A hook-ups. Used both front and back AC units and all worked well. Left that campground and headed to a new location.

Still have 50A hook-ups but now only the rear AC works.

Iíve checked and reset the breaker.
The font AC unit will not work.
The fan in the AC unit will not work.
Tried the emergency switch in the cabinet for the AC - nothing.
Everything else works great.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Chuck
Hi charlesk,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 10-31-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
We have a solution!

After two days of digging around the trailer wiring, I found a broken connection.

Just below the front AC, there is a control box in the ceiling. You can access the control box by removing the ceiling AC filter grates (which desperately needed cleaning).

It looks like the box had two sided tape and was supposed to be stuck up against the top. Mine was just floating around. After a little maneuvering, I was able to pull the box out from ceiling and through the ceiling filter opening. There on the backside I found a broken red wire.

I was temporarily able to reconnect the wire but I need to find a replacement four pin plung and do it correctly. Then I’ll add some additional two sided tape and reattach. But for now it works.

Again, the symptoms included no fan or cooling from the AC unit.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
We have a solution!

After two days of digging around the trailer wiring, I found a broken connection.

Just below the front AC, there is a control box in the ceiling. You can access the control box by removing the ceiling AC filter grates (which desperately needed cleaning).

It looks like the box had two sided tape and was supposed to be stuck up against the top. Mine was just floating around. After a little maneuvering, I was able to pull the box out from ceiling and through the ceiling filter opening. There on the backside I found a broken red wire.

I was temporarily able to reconnect the wire but I need to find a replacement four pin plung and do it correctly. Then Iíll add some additional two sided tape and reattach. But for now it works.

Again, the symptoms included no fan or cooling from the AC unit.