Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #1

Austin , Texas
Armstrong AC parts and advice needed

I have a 1969 Sovereign International in great original condition with new furnace, new Dometic Classic refrigerator, and original Armstrong AC Model # TAC -110-1 series "D". In the way things happen, the fan blade piece is out of pitch. Questions are:

1) does anyone out have a replacement or know where it can get rebalanced?

2) what is the horsepower of these AC motors? I have the original paperwork but not that info.

If I have too rebuild the AC motor and get a new fan blade assembly does anyone have good, solid advice? I want to keep this as original as possible.
I have every bit of paper work since day one. It originally belonged to the superintendent of Odessa Permian HS in Odessa, TX of the Friday Night Lights book and movie fame. It's still in great original condition. Thanks - Russell Scott
russell scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Willis , Texas
blower motor fan

Hi Russell, I am also dedicated to my Armstrong, and my squirrel cage also vibrates. I thought that when I get back up there I would balance it like I see blower motors balanced in autos. If it spins free enough that the heavy side rests at the same spot, I will try to counterbalance it with weights of some sort, probally stick on wheel weights. Good luck with yours.
72 tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell scott
... If I have to rebuild the AC motor and get a new fan blade assembly does anyone have good, solid advice? I want to keep this as original as possible...
Russell,

You may have the same working parts as my '67 Armstrong has. To date, I have replaced my motor, fan blade, and compressor in order to keep the unit operating. You can read details on the parts I used at my website (link in my signature).

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Russell, does your A/C unit have two separate motors, one for inside the coach for the evaporator, and one for the condenser? If so, which motor is giving you problems?