Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2022, 06:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Annoying AC buzz

We have not had much chance to use the new (to us) Globetrotter yet. Lots of trips planned for the coming months though. A couple of minor bus so far, one being this rhythmic, buzzing noise coming from the bedroom AC unit. This had happened once before in a previous Rv we had and it turned out to be two of the copper coils just barely making contact. The fix was fairly simple. I was able to slightly bend one of the lines just enough that it was not making contact. You could even see where there was some abrasion where the two were touching, likely a failure point in the future. I assumed this would be something similar and as I got up on the ladder on the utility side, I could here the vibration. I just barely touched the housing of the Penguin unit and the buzzing stopped. This was just the cover making contact with the base of the unit. I had some foam from a pool noodle I use on the ladder and cut a thin slice and stuffed it in there. Buzzing stopped. A proper fix would probably be to open the cover up and add some foam tape, but my theory is of there’s no compelling reason to open something up, leave it alone.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:34 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Eugene , Oregon
I’m glad I saw this post. I’ve noticed a buzz from our bedroom AC on our ‘22 Globetrotter 27FB and now I have an angle to pursue. I hope the fix is equally easy.
AirOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:52 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
Pool noodles, like zip ties, are the modern-day baling wire ... handy to have around, good for fixing many things gone wrong.
WhereStream is offline   Reply With Quote