Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2021, 06:11 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
I'll tell ya, reading all these threads about the Alde with this problem or that problem or low or no hot water, makes me happy that my Atwood furnaces and water heaters have been spot on for nearly 20 years. Yea, they are not perfect, but man, every time I see one of these threads (and there are a lot), I just cringe at the thought of the improvements Airstream has made to a now MSRP trailer of over $150k. 12v fridge compressors that kill the batteries in a few days, on demand water heaters that have no recirc valve that waste 2-3 gallons (or more before it's hot enough). Awnings that don't retract or open at a less than opportune time....now that's progress!
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:24 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Montgomery , Florida
Wink Alde 3010

Well folks I just got the 3020 alde installed,have hot water now yeah. All I can say is Truma Elkhart did a great job. It works like a charm. No more cold showers for me n wifey yes I paid to get it changed out but was happy to get the water hot.
Grateful2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:04 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farley055 View Post
Thank you for all the advice on resetting our Alde system. We tried pulling the fuses, burping the lines, turning on the gas stove,. My husband looked everywhere for the Alde box to disconnect the 12v line with no success. On the control board by the door is a button listed as disconnect the battery. He pushed it waited a few minutes and then pushed it again, the Alde system did reset and we had heat again. Thanks fir helping us understand the Alde system.
Same thing happened in our 21 classic. You don’t need to remove the whole seat cover under the dinette. Just remove the false panels under the dinette seat. Find the 12V wire. It is the one closest to the wall in the box on top. You can’t see it well but if you try hard you will. Unplug it for about 1 min then plug it back in. The overheat red fail should clear. Hopefully this works. It did for us (a couple of times). and we didn’t have to bleed the system.

Arthur
turonueve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 08:48 PM   #24

2021 33FB Classic
Eagle , Idaho
Alde Parts (Mixing Valve)

I am looking for Alde Parts, in particular the mixing valve. After looking to make adjustments to obtain more hot water for showering, I see the mixing valve head is chewed up from pliers seems to be frozen. This is part of an Alde 3020 in a 2021 Classic 33FB.

Thanks
Bballard is offline   Reply With Quote