Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Winter garden , Florida
Air-conditioning replacement

I have a fairly new to me 2004 safari 25 foot RB. The original equipment air-conditioner has quit cooling. One of the first mods I did to this trailer 2 years ago was add a micro air smart start. The current air-conditioner is a heat pump and we really do not need the heat. I am asking for recommendations for a replacement that I could transfer the micro air to and also should I get a machine that does heat, i.e. not a heat pump. The current model is a penguin 1.

Thanks for recommendations
Johncapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I replaced the penguin on my excella with a Dometic brisk air. It fits fine except it is a couple inches taller. It is slightly quieter than the original. Earlier this fall I installed a micro air on my daughters brisk air air conditioner, so I know it will work
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I have never even been tempted to install a heat pump in our trailers. We had heat pump in our house for a number of years and one of the happier days of my life was when we turned on the new gas heat that replaced it We did have a new AC installed in our trailer late this summer. We put in a Dometic and at that time it was pretty much take what you could get shopping and even then they could not get the proper drain cups for the unit. And months to get an appointment to change the AC. We have the auxiliary heaters on our AC units and never use them because of the fan noise and the fact that they make very little heat in a unless place. We use thermostatically controlled heaters from Ace hardware instead.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote