Old 03-19-2016, 08:15 PM   #21

1975 31' Sovereign
Monroe City , Missouri
I wouldn't think there would be a problem with dehumidification if you set the thermostats at 2 different temps. Example: Set one thermostat at 70 and the other at 78. The one set at 70 will run continuously (dehumidifying) while the other will cycle only as needed to keep temps bearable. I have always set my bedroom cooler in my campers because I like to sleep with blankets, but you could alternate if you wanted to cool the living area more during the day.
sarahnbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
"The truth is we are CAMPING folks. A second A/C might be a real blessing in extreme heat, but why INSTALL one on the roof and upgrade to 50 amps?" Well, for us, we AREN'T camping, we are living. When I go on a Laborers For Christ project I'm going to be there for at least a couple of months to maybe a year. That's one of the reasons why we're about ready to sell the MH and buy an Airstream.

Now, my questions. Are 34' Airstreams from 96-05 prewired for a second a/c? I've seen few such coaches with two a/c units, but a friend with such a coach has told me that, yes, we DO want to have two a/c units. I can change the 30A service to 50A (probably would do that anyway), but can most Airstream dealers handle the installation of the a/c unit, or would I be better off taking it back to the factory? I'm assuming that a trip to the factory will happen within the first year anyway.

What else should I keep in mind in this area?
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote